- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Degree In Education Or Related Field, Master's Degree Preferred
- Minimum 5 Year Experience In A Similar Role
- We offer airfare home and return, health insurance, and bank account
- We offer a single apartment with basic furniture and utilities are covered.
Reporting to: Director of Student Support Services
Liaising with: Classroom and Subject Teachers
Responsible for promoting pupil success, providing preventive services, and responding to identified pupil needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses personal/social development for all pupils.
- Seek, by personal example, to inspire pupils.
- Provide personal counseling for pupils through:
- Assisting and guiding pupils who have or indicated personal, social, or emotional difficulties.
- Preparing pupils for transition to the next level (such as Elementary to Middle, Middle to High School)
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality in dealing with specific pupil matters.
- Providing pathways and alternatives for pupils whose issues may require the qualified support of professional medical services.
Being involved with pupils through a variety of means. These may include:
- Eat lunch with pupils
- Be present where pupils are, during breaks, recesses, before and after school
- Work with pupils on special events as the counselor's time permits, such as Student Council, etc.
Provide academic counseling for pupils through:
Assisting schools in identifying special needs pupils, developing programs for these pupils, and monitoring their progress
Provide college counseling for pupils through:
- Providing information regarding college selections
- Assisting with college applications, transcripts, recommendations, etc.
- Hosting college representatives and providing the necessary logistics
Provide group guidance for pupils, if required, through guidance classes especially focused on:
- Pillars of Moral Education
- Emotional regulation
- Interpersonal skills
- Study skills
- College and career planning
- Meeting with other groups as needed
ICS is an environment where dedicated educators in partnership with parents and other stakeholders work collaboratively to support and challenge our students to become more successful, innovative individuals and effective team players.
ICS offers an American curriculum based on well-defined and internationally recognized American Education Standards while integrating relevant and meaningful international benchmarking and enrichment programs to guide curriculum, instruction, assessment, and extracurricular programs.
We fully consider ICS as a dynamic and interactive learning community, not only for students but for all members of the ICS community. Life-long learning is a keystone in ICS’s Guiding Statement, and it is significantly practiced throughout the school’s programs, events, and activities.
Our vision at ICS is to be internationally recognized and locally trusted. We strive to establish and maintain a community that inspires a passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions or explore possible opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs.
The ICS community embraces and nurtures its cultural diversity and multiculturalism. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration, and respect to achieve their common goals and support each other’s needs.