Social Studies Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- History, Social Studies, Geography
- Master’s degree is preferred
IPS has a long history of 40+ years of academic excellence. Ittihad Schools began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating thousands of students.
IPS is a vibrant international community, underpinned by Emirati culture, philosophy, and character. IPS has a strong family culture deeply rooted in Islamic culture and values. The school offers an enriched American curriculum to students of all nationalities culminating an American high school diploma. Beyond its rigorous academic program, IPS prepares students to lead successful lives through the exceptional diversity of its community and the extra-curricular experiences that contribute to the development of the whole person.
IPS is a fully inclusive school and we adhere to the UAE Federal Law No. 29 of 2006 and the KHDA Dubai Inclusive Education Policy Framework. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.
We are recruiting an experienced Social Studies Teacher to join our team. Applicants must have solid and demonstrable Social Studies teaching experience. You must be a fully qualified teacher and preferably at least 1 year post qualification experience. This is an August 2020 post at one of our schools located in Dubai.
The successful applicant should have the following:
- Experience teaching the American curriculum is preferred
- Experience teaching subjects: World History, Geography, Economics or related subject is required
- A good understanding of usage of maps and understanding of historical world events such as World War I & II, Industrialization, Renaissance, Enlightenment, etc.
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Experience teaching students who are English as Second Language learners is preferred
- An excellent team player both within the department and across phases
- Good strategies for differentiated instruction and inclusive teaching strategies
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents.
- Strong command of English
When you visit AL ITTIHAD PRIVATE SCHOOL (ISP-J) you will see a vibrant school community with exceptional educational professionals, recruited from around the world, who are committed to delivering a true American education in a local setting.
We belong to the Al Ittihad Private Schools and are considered the Flagship school. The first IPS school opened in Dubai 1978. Currently, we have a total of five schools in the UAE (Al Ain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi). Our branch, Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira, opened its doors in 1998 to meet the growing needs of Emirati students in Dubai; and now, 21 years later, IPS-J has become one of the premier Emirati schools in Dubai offering the American curriculum. We are located in the heart of Jumeirah and offer outstanding facilities that provide the best possible spaces for our committed teachers and coaches to inspire and adapt to the demands of the modern age while at the same time preserve our cultural heritage.
Technology, art, physical education, library, classroom and common spaces all communicate a message that learning is the core purpose and highly valued at IPS-J. With the support of the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and the highly supportive parent community, IPS-J provides comprehensive programs and education
IPS-J serves over 2400 Emirati students from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are fully accredited by CIS and NEASC and rated as a “Good” school by KHDA.
Our core values of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion guide our actions and promote a culture of inclusiveness and engagement. Our focus on student learning in a safe, secure environment ensures that each of our students is encouraged to reach his or her potential each day. We are fully committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff.