- ESL Instructor
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Current and appropriate certification.
- BA or BS degree required; M.A. preferred.
- Degree focused on speech-language pathology courses that cover anatomy, physiology, and the development of the areas of the body involved in speech, language, and swallowing; the nature of disorders; principles of acoustics; and psychological aspects of communication.
- Experience in a school setting is highly preferred.
- Ideally, our PT would be bilingual in Arabic/English with training that would allow them to work with students of both languages.
- Health Care
- Child Tuition Waiver
- Housing Allowance
- Ticket Allowance
- Assess students and their needs
- Provide support and therapy to students in both Arabic and English
- Diagnose speech difficulties
- Create a written treatment plan
- Collaborate with the learning support team and teachers to create an active learning plan for students.
- Actively work with the early grades to prevent disorders related to speech, language, cognitive communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency.
- Know the many diagnostic tests available and be able to administer and interprete the results of those tests.
- Provide speech therapy to students identified with special needs.
- Track progress for all students receiving therapy.
- Actively work within the framework of the IB system to support teachers in the planning stages of their lessons.
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 to establish a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st-century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme (DP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), and the Primary Years Program (PYP).
Because we know that it is when employees are comfortable and feeling good about the work they are doing that they do their best work, we strive to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while working in Doha. In addition to paying for your visas and medical exams, we have a great team to help you through the process of settling down in Qatar.
Once you are here, we will help you settle into your private apartment and help you take those first steps toward making Doha your home. We will provide bus service between your housing and the school and will organize shopping excursions regularly. We hope that once you come to school, your living situation will be organized to the point that you will be fully available to give your colleagues and students your best. To help you with that, we have a full slate of professional development activities planned and will also differentiate your learning to meet, as much as possible, your individual needs.
We hope to create a dynamic, interesting, and respectful environment for both students and staff, a learning environment that no one will want to leave.