Student Life Coordinator
- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher, Office/Administration Staff
- 5 years of teaching experience
- PE or education related
- Teaching experience is an advantage
- Bilingual with written fluency in both languages (Arabic & English) preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Health Insurance
- Tuition benefit (for children eligible to attend school)
The Student Life Coordinator supports the school's vision and mission statement through leadership in the non-athletic student activities program (Model United Nations, Senior Trip, Week without Walls, Robotics, Engineering, and Language clubs, etc.) by planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing aspects of the department. Monitor and oversee the operation of all events.
- Collaborate with school administration, staff, students, parents, and organizations in order to organize school-wide non-athletic activities to maximize student participation.
- Respond to all school administration, staff, students, parents, inquiries, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Strive to reflect the Department’s core values and offer ongoing support to develop a culture that emphasizes these values:
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers for effective and efficient event set up and operation.
- Responsible for all communication with Ministry, procurement, parents, regarding certain activities.
- Schedule and secure facilities as needed.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are followed and enforced.
- Ensure all aspects of the events are organized and completed successfully.
- Attend events.
- Document events and generate surveys to accumulate feedback statistics for study, improvement, and quality assurance.
- Work with PR to actively communicate and market all events through print media, electronic media, social media, word of mouth, and special events appropriately.
Al-Bayan Bilingual (BBS) was established in 1977 with a vision to prepare students for the world of today and the challenges of tomorrow. The school offers a bilingual program in which the Arabic and English languages carry equal emphasis and status, the goal of which is to bridge global progress with the traditional values of Arab culture. It is a private, non-profit, coeducational, day school from Pre-K through High School.
The mission describes the school as an “Arabic and English learning community nurturing compassionate and innovative students, leading sustainable change and progress in Kuwait and the global environment.”
BBS is a large school of 2400+ students operating four school divisions on its spacious and well-equipped campus in Kuwait. It features spacious learning spaces, four gymnasiums, a theater, clinics, media centers, Makerspaces, multipurpose rooms of various sizes, ten science laboratories, computer labs, a canteen, a mosque, and open-air sports facilities. The campus is WI-FI enabled to support the “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) program in Middle School and High School and the iPad program in Pre-School and Elementary School.
We are a vibrant learning community, nurturing our faculty and staff to grow and learn with our students. As the first and largest American curriculum bilingual school in Kuwait, accredited by CIS and NEASC, we have a rich and proud tradition of achieving outstanding outcomes for our students, most of whom go on to study in leading colleges and universities in the US, Canada, and the Middle East.
BBS is committed to building a community that is dedicated to the overall development of every child in the school. We believe that quality education rests on the selection, development, and retention of a vibrant team of faculty and staff and seeks professional, experienced, dynamic and creative educators to enhance the school’s efforts in positively influencing the lives of our students.
To learn more about Al-Bayan Bilingual School, please visit www.bbs.edu.kw.
Licensed teachers can teach in Kuwait's private international schools for the chance to experience life in the Middle East while earning an excellent salary and benefits. Hot and sunny year-round, Kuwait's welcoming residents and beautiful weather make for an incredible experience teaching overseas.