- Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- Computer science or computer engineering
- Professional training in multiple platforms
- Experience as a web and portal administrator for at least 3 years
- Has a proven track in designing, managing and maintaining websites, portals and other electronic media.
A Website-Portal Administrator performs professional work in development, implementation, and management of the School's website, portal and intranet applications. Duties require independent judgment and the ability to analyze facts to
determine the proper course of action. Few checks and controls exist and errors, if not detected, could cause considerable loss of time or embarrassment to the School.
Reports to: Principal / IT Head of Department
Responsible for: Maintaining and Improving SAIS’s Website and Portal
- To implement the ongoing development of the school's website
- To perform day-to-day site maintenance on the school’s website and portal
- To update all content
- To test navigation and browser compatibility
- To configure network security so that publications are served only to the intended audience
- To maintain and develop small web applications
- To assist in development of a new look and feel for school website and portal
- To perform quality-control for third party content, if any
- To assist in the redevelopment, and maintenance of the Intranet and advise staff and outside agencies on how to best optimize their content for online deployment
- To configure internal servers and sets communication parameters which ensure timely delivery of information
- To ensure presentation of a consistent visual image on the school's website by promoting uniform fonts, formatting icons, images, layout techniques, and modularization
- To promote proper use of HTML language and stays abreast of developing HTML standards
- To perform related work as required by the principal
SAIS is an American Curriculum School that hosts over 25 different nationalities and cultural backgrounds in the grades K-12. The mission of Sharjah American International Schools is to provide a Western education within a context that respects local traditions, to encourage academic excellence, to implement inclusive learning environment that accepts students of all ability levels and provides for their needs, and to build personalities that embrace 21st century learning skills and show interest in the important issues of the global community.
Our vision is to be internationally recognised and locally trusted, we strive to establish and maintain a community that inspires passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions or to explore possible opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs.
Our community embraces and nurtures its cultural diversity. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration and respect to achieve their common goals and support each other’s needs.