Upper Elementary Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Elementary Education
- Be able to work productively through collaborative interactions with colleagues, parents and community members
- Demonstrate willingness to examine and implement change as appropriate
- Have experience teaching across a breadth of learning abilities, including ESL students
- Spanish is not required nor desired
- Paid holidays
- Monthly housing allowance
- An annual amount of $750.00 to reimburse flight cost to home of origin
- International major medical insurance
- During your second year, you will be given a bonus in December that is equivalent to 15 days of pay and for each year after
As part of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program and Common Core Curriculum, Westhill Institute currently has openings for Grades 3, 4 and 5. Classroom teachers are responsible for teaching reading and writing with a balanced literacy approach, social studies, science, and mathematics. In addition, elementary teachers work in collaboration with their Spanish classroom co-teachers as part of Westhill Institute's dual-language program to ensure that Westhill students have an international experience that focuses on inquiry-based learning.
We work on the premise that information-gathering on the parts of both the school and the candidate makes for informed decision-making on both halves - and ultimately results in the best hire and the optimum outcome for all concerned. Selected candidates will be contacted for a department-specific interview, which will be conducted by our professional staff and administration - either by Skype or in-person (depending on where you are in the world!). Subsequent interviews will follow with key members of our administration team.If selected for a position, an offer of employment will be presented, along with a request for permission to conduct a background check, coincident with reference checking. You will be apprised of timelines as you move through the selection process, and you will be kept informed of outcomes.
Westhill Teachers must:
- Be able to maintain a classroom environment that ensures effective learning
- Analyze and use data to best incorporate the needs of all students within their lessons and classroom environment
- Communicate with students in a manner that enhances student learning and understanding
- Incorporate IB skills and Common Core Standards when writing and implementing lesson plans
Westhill Institute inspires students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners by developing ethical values and by transferring their knowledge in an inclusive learning environment to responsibly impact their community.
Our vision is to inspire students to be contributing leaders in a rapidly changing, globalized world by developing intercultural understanding.
Westhill students develop intercultural understanding through a transdisciplinary concept-based curriculum. As an IB World School, students broaden their intercultural understanding and respect through the Primary Years Program (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP), and Diploma Program (DP).
Developing Lifelong Learners
Westhill inspires students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners who responsibly impact their community. Through a broad and balanced curriculum students learn how to learn by developing transferable skills, attitudes, knowledge and concepts.
Inclusive Learning Environment
Westhill caters for students from all academic levels, cultural backgrounds, and educational needs. Teaching and learning are differentiated for individual learners’ needs.