VCE Teacher (Australian High School Program)
- High School
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- English, Science, Mathematics, Physics
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Diploma Level
- Two years teaching experience
- Registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (preferred) or registration with any teaching authorities.
- A demonstrated capacity to provide exemplary teaching characterised by enthusiasm, a desire for improvement, a commitment to excellence, flexibility and a high level of written, verbal and communication skills, patience, warmth, empathy, and interest in students’ academic and emotional wellbeing
- Knowledge and experience teaching the VCE curriculum or equivalent international curriculums
- Experience teaching VCE students/students for which English is a second language, knowledge, respect, and interest in other cultures and a willingness to work overseas for an extended period of time
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and show a high level of initiative and cultural awareness and sophistication.
Salary Package (refer to contract for details)
- 24,000 RMB (before Tax) per month
- Free of charge apartment is provided, on or off the campus with kitchen utensils, washroom, furniture, internet, colour TV, refrigerator, microwave oven, air-conditioner equipment
- Meals are provided at the school’s canteen free of charge during normal school days
- One return International Economy airfare will be provided/reimbursed for each academic year
- Chinese working visa will be arranged and cost of visa application and other associated costs will be covered
- Paid holidays, including all the Chinese official public holidays and normal school holidays (normally in July, August and February, no less than 8 weeks)
- 7 days sick leave annually
- 2 days compassionate leave annually
The VCE in China Teacher’s role is to act as a specialist VCE teacher to students studying the VCAA VCE courses in China (Units 1 – 4). An Australian school and a Chinese school work in partnership to deliver VCE program. The VCE subjects are taught by Chinese school's own Chinese teachers and recruited foreign teachers in English, who are mentored by an experienced VCE teacher at the Australian school. The program is managed from both Australia and China and students on completion of their studies in most cases continue further study in Australia.
The successful candidate will be supported by a mentor in Melbourne and through other professional development opportunities such as the annual VCE Teacher Induction Program and VCE Transnational Conference held annually in China.
Duration of Position
1.5 years or longer
The successful applicant will be employed by the Chinese school and supported by the Australian school staff; including the Director of International Programs, Head of Transnational Education and a VCE teacher who will act as a mentor. This position reports to the VCE Coordinator at the Chinese school.
Specific areas of responsibility
- Provide effective instructional classroom teaching practice underpinned by best practice pedagogy
- Ensure appropriate teaching methods for students for which English is a second language
- Use a variety of formative and summative assessment task formats to provide for effective feedback
- Exercise appropriate pastoral care of students
- Ensure a personal professional approach to teaching duties
- Participate in co-curricular activities including relevant promotional events
- Liaise closely with a mentor colleague in Melbourne and undertake cross marketing and moderation
- Provide feedback to students and parents through written reports and parent-teacher interviews
The standard allocation is approximately 20 hours of teaching over a week. The successful candidate is required to be present in the school during the normal school hours.