Teach in Pakistan
Teaching jobs in Pakistan include positions at American and British international schools as well as a growing number of ESL positions throughout the country. The increase in English learning in combination with numerous international schools provide plenty of opportunity to teach abroad in Pakistan.
Teaching in Pakistan
Teaching jobs in Pakistan
Pakistan has a number of international schools, most of which follow British or American curriculum. Licensed teachers can apply to teach in Pakistan’s international schools, most of which are located in the larger cities of Karachi, Islamabad, and Lahore. Though English is one of the country’s official languages, ESL is a growing industry in Pakistan, as more people strive to learn English in order to participate in global commerce.
Teaching in the Pakistan - Hiring
Schools in Pakistan hire teachers throughout the year. To apply to teach in Pakistan, teachers should create a profile at Apply Now!.
Living in Pakistan
Teaching in Pakistan is a great opportunity for teachers looking to make a difference. With a history tracing back to early human origins, and a terrain that is as geographically varied as any on earth, Pakistan is beautiful and complex. The country has historically suffered as a result of political instability, and foreigners are advised to use caution when traveling; however, many of the expats who live in Pakistan warm to the country after experiencing its generous hospitality and striking environment.
Expat communities in the major cities of Pakistan are relatively small but close-knit. For adventurous travelers, Pakistan is home to incredible scenery and some of the world’s tallest mountains, including K2 – considered by many to be even more difficult to climb than Everest.
TEFL Certification for Private School Teachers
Many private schools in Pakistan require applicants to possess a TEFL certificate. The University of Toronto’s TEFL Online Certificate can help you become a leading candidate for some of the top Pakistani private school positions.
Pakistan at a Glance
Capital - Islamabad
Language - English, Urdu
Population - 182.5 million
Currency - Pakistani rupee (PKR)
Government - Federal parliamentary republic
- Pakistan is officially called the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- The name Pakistan, Pak (pure) and stan (land) means 'land of the pure' in the Persian and Urdu languages.
- The largest city in Pakistan is Karachi which is home to over 13 million people. It is the financial hub of the country and is a major seaport.
- Pakistan’s national sport is field hockey, however cricket is the most popular.
- Pakistan manufactures more than 50% of World’s hand-sewn soccer balls.
- Pakistan has the sixth-largest population in the world, exceeded only by China, India, the United States of America, Indonesia and Brazil.
- While Urdu is the national language, English is the official language.