Art Teacher (Atelierista)
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Related to the arts
- Teaching Credential/License
- International teaching experience required
- Basic Spanish
- Teaching experience in Latin America is preferred
- Project-based learning experience preferred
- An understanding of children (both of child development theories and of the children he/she teaches)
- Organization and evaluation of his/her work, focused on what is best for the children
- Aid for rent
- Daily nutritious lunch on campus
- International Private Health Insurance
- Paid summer, winter, and spring vacations
- Three personal days
- Six sick days
- December bonus
- On-campus parking
- Ongoing personnel training
- Guadalajara orientation service upon arrival
- 1 round-trip flight back home each school year
- Shared cost of working visa
- Savings fund
- To uphold the mission and vision of the Hábitat Learning Community.
- To collaborate in creating a true learning community.
- To offer experiences and encouragement for the children to express their ideas through the languages of the arts.
- Responsible for the operation of the art atelier, ensuring that it has the necessary materials to offer children a rich learning experience.
- To provide a stimulating environment and experiences in the art atelier so that the children can work on short, medium, and long-term projects using "smart" materials that stimulate their curiosity and creativity.
- To systematically document the research projects conducted with the children to track and demonstrate their learning processes.
- To work with small groups of children at different grade levels based on scheduling prepared in coordination with the Head Teachers.
- To prepare reports on the development of skills and competencies of his/her students and share those reports with the Head Teachers.
- To closely observe his/her students, and report to the students' Head Teacher any signs of problems in any student's social, emotional, physical, or cognitive development, to provide that student with the necessary support.
- To prepare documentation in coordination with the Head Teachers to provide structure to the student's learning experiences.
- To participate in any professional development activities required by the administration of the learning community.
- To develop, plan, and document the research projects to be conducted with the children in coordination with the Head Teachers.
- To supervise his/her students whenever they are present on campus to guarantee their safety.
- To remain up to date on the latest information and news pertinent to their area, as well as innovative teaching methods and trends in education to enrich his/her educational approach.
We are a Reggio Emilia-inspired learning community that values the richness and joy of working with children in a creative environment, in close contact with nature.
HÃ¡bitat Learning Community opened its doors in August 2017 for nursery, kindergarten, and elementary school students. Our starting date for middle school will be August 2027.
Our service learning program actively involves students in a wide range of experiences that benefit others and the community both within and outside our campus, while also advancing the goals of the curriculum.
Our English immersion program offers children the opportunity to learn and develop complete fluency in a second language. Students develop their language abilities by strengthening their mother tongue while learning English.
We know that the educational experience provided at HÃ¡bitat Learning Community requires that the children be surrounded by adults that can guide them in the development of their cognitive, emotional, and social skills.
Our teachers are highly qualified and careful, and skilled listeners who respect the interests, curiosity, and learning pace of each child. Moreover, they have in-depth knowledge of socio-constructivist theories of development and conduct their research based on their practice as educators.
We have formed an international group of educators that are passionate about education and take pleasure in learning together with their students. Our teachers are life-long learners and are engaged in a process of constant professional and personal growth through our rigorous continuous training program.