Elementary ESL Teacher
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 1 year of teaching experience
Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Housing allowance is paid on a monthly basis
- Annual airfare reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- International major medical insurance
- Annual bonus paid in December
Westhill Institute Elementary is a dual language school.
The ESL English teacher is to collaborate as a member of the elementary school team. The ESL English teacher will work collaboratively with the content teachers and other ESL teachers in the building developing English learners' proficiency skills. The teacher is responsible to incorporate research-based second language acquisition strategies in ESL class.
- Collaborate with the content teachers to include research-based second language acquisition strategies in the curriculum
- Assists content teachers with appropriately accommodating materials and scaffold core curriculum with research-based second language acquisition strategies
- Conduct annual WIDA Access assessment and other assessments.
- Facilitate lessons incorporating second language acquisition skills based on WIDA language proficiency skills
- Communicate with families of the English learners
- Participate in faculty meetings
- May have other responsibilities
- Perform other job-related duties that are assigned by administration
We work on the premise that information-gathering on the parts of both the school and the candidate makes for informed decision-making on both halves - and ultimately results in the best hire and the optimum outcome for all concerned. Selected candidates will be contacted for a department-specific interview, which will be conducted by our professional staff and administration - either by Skype or in-person (depending on where you are in the world!). Subsequent interviews will follow with key members of our administration team.If selected for a position, an offer of employment will be presented, along with a request for permission to conduct a background check, coincident with reference checking. You will be apprised of timelines as you move through the selection process, and you will be kept informed of outcomes.
Westhill Institute inspires students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners by developing ethical values and by transferring their knowledge in an inclusive learning environment to responsibly impact their community.
Our vision is to inspire students to be contributing leaders in a rapidly changing, globalized world by developing intercultural understanding.
Westhill students develop intercultural understanding through a transdisciplinary concept-based curriculum. As an IB World School, students broaden their intercultural understanding and respect through the Primary Years Program (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP), and Diploma Program (DP).
Developing Lifelong Learners
Westhill inspires students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners who responsibly impact their community. Through a broad and balanced curriculum students learn how to learn by developing transferable skills, attitudes, knowledge and concepts.
Inclusive Learning Environment
Westhill caters for students from all academic levels, cultural backgrounds, and educational needs. Teaching and learning are differentiated for individual learners’ needs.