Elementary Homeroom Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- Native English speaker with a clear accent - USA, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand
- More than 2 years teaching experience in an International Curriculum and fluent English
- Relocation allowance
- Pay review
- Paid holiday
- 12,000 RMB airfare allowance per year
- Health insurance
- Tuition discount for dependents
- Housing allowance will be provided
- Teach a minimum of 20 periods per week
- Work with students in your assigned grade with all students in your class
- Prepare effective, multisensory, and engaging lessons and units based on the school’s curriculum formats while differentiating instruction to meet all students’ needs.
- Collaborate with grade-level teachers
- Design and implement measurable and authentic assessments and measure their effectiveness in meeting curricular goals
- Promote our school values of Excellence, Honor, Community and Joy
- Maintain and update timely student records including grading (homework, grade books, progress reports, report cards, student attendance, and other required documents)
- Be actively involved in extra-curricular activities as a faculty sponsor/advisor/coach/helper/school committee member
- Actively fulfill assigned supervision duties
- Communicate efficiently and regularly with parents/guardians through providing feedback on progress, answering questions, and being an educational partner when possible
- Proactively meet and communicate with parents/guardians, students and other teachers when necessary to develop interventions for students with academic, emotional/behavioral or other needs
- Serve as a substitute teacher when needed
- Take an active role in required meetings (departmental; grade level; committees, faculty; etc.)
- Assist with additional duties as assigned
MacDuffie Schools China are private schools for Chinese students situated in the major cities of Shanghai, Nanjing and Tianjin. The first school was founded in 2013 and they are American Curriculum Schools, delivering the curriculum in English and following the requirements laid out by the American Common Core Curriculum.
The schools are going through a period of expansion and require teachers in all subject areas. All classrooms are equipped with internet, Smart Boards, and wireless projection systems. The schools are iPad schools and provide all teachers with an iPad as well as access to computer facilities. All resources are from the US and are up to date.
MacDuffie China is a partner of the MacDuffie Education group. There are MacDuffie Schools in Tianjin, Nanjing, Shanghai and Granby Massachusetts.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.