Elementary School Science Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- Major medical health insurance
- Housing stipend
- An end-of-year bonus and a re-signing bonus
- Roundtrip airfare home every 2 years
- Full scholarship for up to 2 children
- Working paper procurement/renovation
- Two week Christmas bonus
We seek a specialist teacher for science classes at the elementary school level. ASPV teachers are exceptional educators who create a stimulating and enriching experience for our diverse student population. They are flexible, creative, knowledgeable, and strive to be unforgettable. Teachers support the personal, social and academic development of students and are knowledgeable of the schools’ mission and guiding principles.
Teacher Responsibilities: Teacher responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and teach science classes following ASPV objectives for grades 1-6.
- Teach one section of elementary school math.
- Create an instructional environment that provides for optimal learning and exploratory experiences.
- Provide timely feedback to students and utilize a data-driven approach to teaching and learning.
- Use a wide range of technologies and creative teaching styles.
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessments, attendance, planning, syllabus and reports.
- Work cooperatively with grade-level teachers planning lessons, sharing resources, and cross grading.
- Develop assessment tasks using a wide range of formative assessment tools.
- Plan and coordinate experiential learning experiences for students in addition to regular instruction time.
- Attend curriculum planning meetings, faculty meetings and department meetings.
- Keep parents informed about student progress.
- Keep abreast of developments in the curriculum by reading current literature and syllabus updates and participating in professional development opportunities offered by the school.
- Select and requisition materials and textbooks for each class in a timely manner.
- Attend school-wide events.
- Promote positive school relationships, with regular communication with the school counselor.
- Be enthusiastic and resourceful in creating meaningful learning experiences for students.
- Be a positive and collaborative member of the school community in all interactions with colleagues and students.
The American School of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, is a private, non-profit, nonsectarian, co-educational institution offering a bilingual, multicultural education for students from early childhood through high school. Founded in 1986, the school is dedicated to an American style education, high academic standards, and the caring environment a small school can offer.
Students benefit from highly-dedicated and talented teachers in a small school atmosphere, and a comprehensive dual curriculum which encompasses that of quality private and public schools in the United States and those established by the Mexican Ministry of Education. Our graduates are accepted into some of the finest universities in the world, such as Brown University in the United States, Queens University in Canada, and TEC in Mexico.
Founded in 1986 by local business leaders, the American School of Puerto Vallarta is a nonprofit, nonsectarian educational institution accredited by the U.S. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the Mexican Ministry of Education, and the National University of Mexico.
Mexico, a traveler's paradise, offers opportunities to teach English abroad, as well as licensed teaching jobs in the country's many international schools. Enjoy Mexico's magnificent landscape while teaching abroad in language institutes or private schools.