English Language Teacher
- All Levels
- District/Regional Level Administrator, Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate, ESL Instructor, Vocational/Technical Instructor, Office/Administration Staff, School Health and Welfare Staff, Librarian
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Applicants must hold a university degree or equivalent
- Candidates who do not have at least 2 years experience must hold a TEFL, TESOL or CELTA qualification (or another relevant ESL or EFL qualification)
- Candidates must have clean criminal records
- Fluent English speaking
- Enthusiastic about teaching
- Willing to learn as well as teach
- Genuinely interested in living in China
You must have:
- Good communication, administrative and IT skills
- The ability to adapt to life and work in a Chinese community
Above all, moving to a new country to live and work may mean leaving behind friends and family. We welcome all new teachers as members of our international family and we will support you and help you to work well and live happily throughout your time with us. What we ask in return is that you try your best, take on new skills, and are willing to learn from the community around you and we all take on the responsibility of supporting and helping one another.
We provide training free to all new teachers to Premier English. We have packages available for both those with and without ESL or EFL experience.
We have competitive packages with our entry-level package worth 13,500 RMB per month. Higher packages are available and are offered dependant on experience, qualifications and teaching contact hours.
Package details and Benefits
- Salary paid monthly
- Airfare reimbursement
- Free accommodation (can be substituted for added pay) with modern furnishings, free internet access and double beds provided, 5-15 minute walk from the school
- Free Mandarin lessons with a private tutor arranged specially for Premier English teachers
- Free residency visa with application assistance
- Free Airport pick-up on arrival
- Free teacher training course and ongoing teacher development
- Health insurance
About the school
Premier English is a small, independent, British-run school in Qingdao, one of Asia's most desirable coastal cities. We are currently recruiting new teachers for 2020. We pride ourselves on being a friendly school where the teachers take a genuine interest in the student's language development. Unlike larger, more corporate organizations, our teachers also have the chance to get involved with improving and growing the school.
Our team is made up of dedicated, qualified and motivated people who consistently prove themselves to be among the best ESL teachers in China. Our enviable reputation continues to drive up demand for our tutors and provides a real benefit for our staff, whether they wish to continue to teach English in China, do something else or return home. Every year our school grows as we continue to add more staff to our team: talented, driven and enthusiastic – just like you.
Reasons to join our international family
Since the founding of the school in 2013, we have always been a fully family-owned, family-run organization, and as a company we have an ethos of building an international family, a home away from home. Here are a few reasons why you should choose to join our international family:
- Quality international work experience: At Premier English, you will work in a friendly and professional team with people from countries including China, UK, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. You will be responsible for managing your own classroom, participating in meetings to develop teaching strategies and learn about customer relationship management. For those who want extra experience and extra income, you can learn new skills by joining our marketing and sales team or participating in curriculum development projects. We always seek to maintain a very high standard of teaching. For those without prior experience, it is not a problem, and free training is provided throughout the employment period.
- Take pride in providing quality teaching: Our average class size is around 6-8 students, with a maximum of 10 in each class, allowing for teacher and student alike to enjoy and take pride in the results of their classes
- Live and teach in one of Asia's most desirable cities: Qingdao was twice voted the most livable city in China! With its famous Lao mountain range, long golden beaches, historic traditional Chinese and German colonial architecture, modern CBD, high-speed rail connection to the whole of China and convenient air travel to Japan, Korea, Vietnam and other parts of Asia, Qingdao is a city which is undoubtedly one of the best places to live in Asia.
- Enjoy one of the best income to cost of living balances available anywhere in the world: Living costs in Qingdao are very low, even for China, and our teachers have accommodation provided, free. This is one of the few opportunities available anywhere that won't require you to choose between saving money and enjoying your free time. Since our teachers enjoy salaries several times the average local income, you can expect to go home after a year or two with lots of savings and a great CV.
Positions for 2020 are filling up fast. Apply now with Premier English to be an English teacher here with us in Qingdao, China., We offer competitive salaries, free accommodation, bonuses and other benefits. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about growing as a teacher, excited about experiencing China and integrating into Chinese culture, and keen to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults.
Past experience is not needed and training is provided for free. Applicants holding a bachelor's degree in any subject are welcome to apply. Places are limited so apply soon!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Team Premier English
Premier English is an independant British owned and run school. We provide high quality English training. Qingdao is on the east coast of China midway between Beijing and Shanghai. The schools location in the friendly district of Chengyang is ideal for those who wish to immerse themselves in the Chinese culture and language and experience the real China.
We have small classes of up to 6 students who have close contact with teachers and learn quickly, which is rewarding for students and teachers alike. We pride ourselves on building friendly relationships with our students and taking a personal interest in their development.
As well as pre-school, primary and middle school age children we also teach adult professional clients who want to improve their conversation skills, grammar and pronunciation.
Our reputation for quality training has resulted in high demand for our services and we now require additional teachers to join our enthusiastic team. Teaching with Premier English is ideal for those wanting to teach whilst experiencing life in China and learning or improving their Mandarin. We aim to involve our staff in all aspects of the business and to offer a friendly, supportive and enjoyable work environment.
Learn more about joining our international family by visiting: