- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- ESL Instructor
- Be a native-level English speaker
- Hold a passport from a country where English is the official language or is widely spoken, AND has agreements with the Ministry of Education of Spain for these programs
- Be up to 60 years old
- Have a 3+ year university degree in any subject
Spanish is not required
- 15/16 teaching hours per week in 4 consecutive teaching days
- Placement and monthly stipend (€1,000 in Madrid and €875 in Murcia)
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program (issued by the school)
- Pre-departure assistance (e.g., help with visa process, background checks, or medical certificates)
- ConversaSpain Online Platform
- Welcome Booklet: instructions in English to process legal documents, practical information, tips, recommendations for accommodation, etc.
- Ongoing support while in Spain
- Tailor made webinars
- Private health insurance (non-EU participants)/ EHIC coverage (EU participants)
- Awesome opportunity to start learning Spanish or to improve your skills
Do you want to teach English in Spain during the next academic year?
Join our ConversaSpain Program to become an Auxiliar de Conversación, and experience the Spanish culture first-hand while teaching 4 days a week from October to the end of May/June.
ConversaSpain currently collaborates with more than 300 public schools in the regions of Madrid and Murcia, in which you will be able to improve your teaching skills and transmit your culture to learners of English.
- ConversaSpain Program
- ConversaSpain Program + TEFL Certification
*Costs vary depending on the region.
ConversaSpain is a Spanish organization that cooperates with more than 300 public schools in different regions in Spain. It offers inspiring, challenging and rewarding opportunities to potential English language assistants from all over the world who want to teach in Spain. With ConversaSpain, native English speakers can teach their mother tongue as language and cultural ambassadors in public schools in Madrid or Murcia (Auxiliares de Conversacion program).
With ConversaSpain, participants teach English in Spain to students in Elementary, Middle, and/or High Schools in the public system. Tasks and teaching activities will vary from day-to-day, but it is a supportive role. Indeed, participants aren't in charge of an entire class, nor are they responsible for students' final grades or any serious disciplinary action. ConversaSpain are looking for truly dedicated ESL teachers who can fully embrace their role in Spain.
Teaching English in Spain with this program is a great opportunity to live in Spain, discover a new culture, gain valuable experience, make a change in life, and influence in others' lives.
Experience the excitement of Madrid, the beauty of Barcelona, or the Islamic influences in Andalusia. Known for its relaxed lifestyle and friendly residents, Spain is a highly sought-after destination for many teachers who want to teach abroad in Europe.