English Track Kindergarten Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- Demonstrate strong positive commitment toward department improvement
- Demonstrate commitment to integrated education at the kindergarten level including innovations and best practices
- Develop and follow the established kindergarten curriculum including designing thematic units to support it
- Fluent in both oral and written English at a professional standard
- Desire to actively engage in professional development opportunities as provided by the school or through individual initiative
- Flexible in adapting to a multi-cultural environment with kindergarten community members
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Evidence of current relevant professional development preferred
- Valid 120 hours TESL certificate
- Home Visit Travel Allowance
- Additional 12,000 RMB/ year to subsidize for travel. Paid 1,000 RMB monthly
- Relocation Allowance
- Moving from overseas:
- A one-off relocation allowance will be payable in Chinese local currency RMB, following the guideline of 6,000RMB per single teacher and 12,000RMB per family
- Moving from mainland China:
- 3,000RMB per single teacher and 6,000RMB per family
- One-off payment only per employee/family if both employed
- Moving from overseas:
- Housing and housing allowances
- Housing allowance will be provided
- Flight Reimbursement
- One round trip ticket for employee and each family member
- One‐time only per family (under 18 years old dependents)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations in Winter, Summer and other paid holidays based on national statutory holidays’ arrangement
- Offered to all full time staff
- Health Insurance
- Worldwide coverage based on nationalities, up to 100% direct billing at many Beijing hospitals
- Non-medical Insurance
- Employee and school pay matching amount under the specific circumstances
- Paid Leaves
- Personal Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Emergency Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
Provide instruction and ESL teaching to young kindergarten students.
Job Duties for Teaching and Learning
- Teach an average of 20 periods per week
- Work with students at age 3~6
- Work on curriculum development, which includes preparing effective diverse lesson units based on the kindergarten’s curriculum formats
- Collaborate with age level teachers
- Design authentic assessments and measure their effectiveness in meeting curricular goals
- Promote our school values of Character, Confidence, Health and Joy
- Maintain and update timely student records including grading (homework, evaluation books, progress reports, report cards, student attendance, and other required documents)
- Work closely with parents/homeroom teachers through providing feedback on progress, answering questions, and being an educational partner where possible
- Proactively meet and communicate with parents/homeroom teachers, students and other teachers when necessary to develop interventions for students with academic, emotional/behavioral or other needs
- Serve as a substitute teacher when needed
- Take an active role in required meetings (departmental; age level; committees, faculty; etc.)
- Assist with additional duties as assigned
BJ SMIC Private School is a Preschool through 12th Grade institution. Currently, there are 1650 students and 260 full time teachers from 16 nationalities. The School stresses each student’s holistic development and also emphasizes the importance of moral integrity in education.
As we expand into more classes, we continue to hire qualified staff throughout the year. Overall, we have one of the lowest rates of teacher replacement you will find in China, especially among local staff, but also among our expat teachers. Our teachers are committed to their students, and enjoy deep friendships with their coworkers.
Administrators make every effort to place teachers where they can refine their teaching skills and develop professionally, with opportunities for advancement to those that desire it.
Working for a growing company with $1.7 billion in annual revenue has definite benefits; you never have to worry about delayed salary payments or layoff's due to budget cuts. SMIC Private School offers salaries more than sufficient to cover the low cost of living in Yizhuang.
Living in Yizhuang is getting easier every year as well. Whether, cycling, driving, taking the bus or subway, Yizhuang is less congested and easy to get around. Two new shopping plaza's have opened nearby, Lippo Plaza and Creative Life Plaza (with a Sam's club, Papa John's, Starbucks, and bilingual movies). McDonalds, KFC, Subway, and a half dozen pizza restaurants serve Western food nearby. On weekends, teachers fellowship in each other's homes or attend a nearby church, the subway and express buses reach the downtown expatriate fellowships and districts (CBD, Sanlitun) in less than 1 hour.
Yizhuang has many square miles of parks, lakes, rivers and natural areas to enjoy, and Decathlon has plenty of international-standard sporting goods. There are many volunteer opportunities nearby as well, including New Day Foster Home and Shepherd's Field Children's Home within a short drive.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.