G4 Homeroom Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree or Higher
- Minimum Teaching Experience:2 years of teaching experience
- Major: Education/ESL
- Candidates must hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree from the countries noted above.
- At Least 2 years of teaching at an international or public school (if no teaching certificate or education degree)
- Candidates with a teaching license are preferred
- Candidates with at least 2 years of teaching experience are highly preferred
- Salary: Negotiable Upon Experience and Certificates
- Insurance, Pension, Severance: Four kinds of Insurance are provided and the pension is matched by the employer. Severance pay provided.
- Contract Bonus: Provided upon re-signing of contract
- Vacation: Seventeen (17) days (Spring and Winter vacation) plus all Korean National Holidays
- Sick Days: 3 days of paid sick leave available
- Housing: Studio housing or 500,000 KRW housing allowance provided
St. Paul American Scholars (SPAS) is designed to help teach young people to become responsible citizens and prepare students for college. That means that they must learn the key attributes of ethical behavior including courage, compassion, integrity, justice, truth, reason, fairness, respect, and honesty in addition to the core academic subjects.
A positive school climate is characterized by quality teaching by instructors and effective learning by students. This requires a safe environment for all who work in and attend SPAS along with an emphasis on citizenship and adherence to rules applied equitably and fairly to all in the St. Paul community. We believe that parents are essential partners in the educational process and must be properly involved and accountable for the achievement and behavior of their children.
Saint Paul American Scholars is seeking an organized and structured individual to fill an upcoming opening as a G4 teacher in January 2023. Teachers who fulfill the contract successfully will have the possibility to renew for the following academic year, 2023-2024.
This role is full-time and will include the instruction of the core subjects: English, Math, Science, and Social Studies. A well-qualified candidate will have excellent classroom management tools, and several positive behavior reinforcement strategies, and is adept at communicating with grade-level partners for co-planning. In this role as the G4 homeroom teacher, a candidate will be responsible for daily homework, creating strong connections to communicate with parents, as well as attending weekly and monthly staff meetings.
We are looking forward to speaking with you soon and learning more about you as an educator!
- Follow the curriculum provided by SPAS to create lesson plans for students.
- Ensure that students meet all learning standards as set out in the U.S.- CCSS (ELA and Math), NGSS (Science), and California State Board of Education (Social Studies).
- Supplement learning by using various activities and visual aids in lessons.
- Create tests and projects to measure and ensure student learning.
- Give students constructive feedback on areas that need improvement.
- Grade assignments and prepare student progress reports.
- Attend and participate in faculty and staff meetings.
- Take part in PTCs (Parent-Teacher Conferences) and speak/discuss with parents regarding their children.
- Attend official SPAS functions
- Starting Date: January 10th, 2023
- Working Hours: M-F: 7:40 AM-4:40 PM
- Teaching Hours: Five 45-minute classes per day
- Extracurricular Class: 2-3 days per week
- Students per Class: 15 students max
SPAS began in the summer of 2015 as a small English immersion school offering an American-style education. Over the past few years, we have continued to grow, but our commitment to offering an exceptional education that strives for global mindedness, critical thinking, and mutual responsibility remains steadfast.
We currently have 12 full and part-time qualified and dedicated educators. They teach grades 1 to 9 and are the backbone of our school.
To help meet our goal of global-mindedness, SPAS also offers Chinese classes. Both of our Chinese teachers are native-speaking, highly qualified teachers from China.
In addition to our exceptional educators, we have a wonderful Parent-Teacher Organization that meets regularly to address the needs of both the parents and the school.
At SPAS we recognize that education is a three-legged stool; the teachers, the parents, and the students. The key to our growth and success is the strong level of parental support we receive.
SPAS inspires our students to possess global mindedness, be critical thinkers, and mutually respect others.
To keep up in the ever-increasingly interconnected and competitive global environment, SPAS strives to nurture global leaders. In addition, we strive to cultivate a generation of creative, independent thinkers who will become future leaders in the 21st century.