Head of American Curriculum
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- Fluent English speaker with a clear accent - USA, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand
- More than 2 years of teaching experience in an International Curriculum
- Working for 40 hours per week
- 5 days per week from Monday to Friday
- Renewal Bonus
- Housing Allowance
- Airfare Allowance
- Paid Holidays:
- Chinese Public Holidays
- Winter & Summer Vacation
- International health insurance
- Pick-up service
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers comply with all Handbooks and policies as set out by The MacDuffie School.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers fully comply with the contract conditions.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers plan and deliver high quality lessons as set out within the schedule of assigned classes.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers follow the appropriate Syllabus, Curriculum and Assessment Schedule.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers deliver all assessments appropriately.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers develop and use suitable supplementary material.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers teach lessons that cater to the level and needs of the students.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers monitor the learning and achievement of the students and to adapt lessons accordingly.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers are responsible of all student progress within the class, activity or team.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers are proactive in improving teaching and learning, both within own practice and within the school.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers attend and complete all assigned training.
- To organise American Curriculum staff cover for absent staff members and to ensure that all American Curriculum teachers substitute for absent colleagues as required.
- To oversee manage and ensure that all American Curriculum teachers integrate the CIRCLE values into lessons and activities.
- To attend all meetings assigned and to ensure that all American Curriculum teachers attend all meetings required.
- To manage American Curriculum teachers attendance and participation in student recruitment events as required by the campus and to ensure that all American Curriculum teachers attend student recruitment events and activities as required and described within the contract and policies.
- To organise and ensure that all American Curriculum teachers assist in placement testing and interviewing of potential new students.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers maintain all class and grade records.
- To check and analysis School Pal data as dictated by policies and the school.
- To coordinate and ensure that all American Curriculum teachers deliver demonstration classes, individual student support, Homeroom activities and relevant training as required.
- To ensure that all American Curriculum teachers keep the work facilities well organized and in good condition.
- To complete all teacher assessments as dictated by policies and as required by the school.
- To induct new staff members into the handbooks, policies and systems of The MacDuffie School and campus routines.
- To provide, organise and conduct staff training as required by the school.
- To work with other Heads of Department to improve the academic quality and provision within the school.
- To ensure excellent communication within the American Curriculum staff team.
- To organise and supervise the American Curriculum Schedule and to ensure that the schedule fits all policies and requirements of The McDuffie School American Curriculum.
- To monitor the workload of all teachers within the American Curriculum and to bring any concerns to the Principal.
- To organise and host any parents or event activities as required by the Principal.
- To ensure that appropriate displays are used to demonstrate teaching and learning within the American Curriculum.
MacDuffie Schools China are private schools for Chinese students situated in the major cities of Shanghai, Nanjing and Tianjin. The first school was founded in 2013 and they are American Curriculum Schools, delivering the curriculum in English and following the requirements laid out by the American Common Core Curriculum.
The schools are going through a period of expansion and require teachers in all subject areas. All classrooms are equipped with internet, Smart Boards, and wireless projection systems. The schools are iPad schools and provide all teachers with an iPad as well as access to computer facilities. All resources are from the US and are up to date.
MacDuffie China is a partner of the MacDuffie Education group. There are MacDuffie Schools in Tianjin, Nanjing, Shanghai and Granby Massachusetts.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.