Head of Communications and Marketing
- University Graduate
- Communications, Public Relations, Marketing
- Minimum of ten years of experience, essential
- Seven years previous Leadership experience essential
- Proficiency in the Arabic language is highly desirable (willingness to take classes leading to proficiency is a requirement)
We offer a competitive salary in line with international standards, a generous benefits package and ongoing meaningful personal and professional development opportunities.
Seeking talented innovative progressive Director of Communications to lead the communications capability across the Organization and the School to enhance communications with all stakeholders, raise the school’s visibility and advance its brand by promoting an invigorating safe, supportive and stimulating learning ecosystem in a state-of-the-art purpose-built facility. The ideal talented individual should be empowered to make the greatest positive impact to the community, embrace all learners within his or her learning environment, be principled and be committed to the well-being of self and students.
Description of Position
The International School of Kuwait (ISK) is seeking an inspirational Head of Communications and Marketing who can develop and communicate the vision and mission of implementing a rich-curriculum, which lies beyond the traditional scope of education. The Head of Communications and Marketing will be responsible for hiring, valuing, retaining and developing high-quality faculty and staff and will leader and manage a team of which represents the face of the Schools; work with the board to ensure their effective governance and stewardship of the school; and support all members of this incredibly diverse community with cultural competence and an emphasis on integrity, well-being, inquiry, empowerment, inclusivity.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader who has a successful record of marketing and customer service, while ensuring high performance for his or her colleagues in a diverse, language-rich environment. He or she will be skilled at forming and maintaining relationships with a broad range of individuals and across areas of difference such as cultural background, linguistic heritage, race, socio-economic status and family structure. The ideal Head of Communications and Marketing will be able to balance and prioritize the urgency of problem solving in the moment with the need to establish enduring systems, so the school can run efficiently over the long-term. He or she will be an exceptional leader who inspires those within his or her leadership realm, helping identify their areas of growth and opportunities to support them in their personal and professional development.
The Head of Communications and Marketing will lead and manage the day-to-day operations of ISK, including:
- Marketing the School’s highly rigorous academic program
- Serving as the face and message of the School
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all school stakeholders (students, faculty/staff, parents, board members), ensuring transparent lines of communication at all times and addressing issues and concerns in a timely and constructive manner
- Ensuring that all teachers and staff have clear lines of communication to and from the administrative team, that everyone understands their reporting lines and is receiving regular feedback, support, and evaluation of their progress and areas for development and feels valued
- Developing Organization’s/ School’s “Live to Give” Programme
- Organizing and managing the logistical nature of School events
- Implementing student support systems that provide adequate services to meet the academic and social-emotional needs of students, faculty and staff and those needs related to school safety, including developing and staffing these functions appropriately and measuring results to ensure their effectiveness
- Managing the front and back office staff to ensure that all operational issues, including finance, facilities, talent acquisition, student and faculty/ staff record-keeping, and compliance, are managed efficiently and professionally
- Working with other stakeholders to develop the vision and mission for the academic program as reflected in the school’s mission; collaborate with the International Schools Director and Board of Directors to formalize this vision and ensure it has adequate resources and support
- Leading community initiatives to develop and building a sense of equity and inclusion within the school while maintaining a strong sense of community among staff, parents and students
Application for Position
To ensure our full consideration, applications must be received no later than Wednesday 15 January, 2020. All applicants in the talent pool must provide a Letter of Interest that addresses the duties and responsibilities for the desired position. In addition, a curriculum vitae/ résumé must accompany the Letter of Interest and three references must be provided, one of which must be the applicant’s current employer. References will not be contacted until a firm Offer of Employment is made.
For all leadership positions: Educational Philosophy and Educational Leadership Philosophy will need to accompany any CVs/ Résumés for academic leadership positions. No CVs/ Résumés will be accepted via whats app or without the relevant documentation. This is a Safer Recruitment protocol and we are an educational entity that ensures the highest possible international recruitment standards.
Al Ekhlas International Education and the International School of Kuwait are totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from all of its employees. All new employees will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background check, qualification checks and employment checks to include exploration of any gaps in employment history and two satisfactory employment checks.
THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF KUWAIT (ISK)
Mahboula (American inspired curriculum)
Sabah Al Salem (British National inspired curriculum)
The International School of Kuwait (ISK) will open in September, 2020. The School will be located in two locations: the Mahboula Campus (American inspired curriculum) and the Sabah Al Salem Campus (British National inspired curriculum). ISK Mahboula will be a modern state of the art, 29,400 square meter facility. ISK Sabah Al Salem will be a modern state of the art, 29,500 square meter facility. The two schools are part of the Al Ekhlas International Educational Group (AIE), which was launched in April, 2019. The AIE boasts 12 schools and 18, 000 plus students in its network, across Kuwait, Egypt, Muscat and soon to be London and Boston. The development of ISK started in March, 2019 under the auspices of the International Schools Director. The ISK Mahboula Campus is set to be completed in August, 2020 for its first group of students to enter in September, 2020. The building on the Sabah Al Salem Campus was built in 2017 and will undergo state of the art renovations to meet the educational needs of the students and faculty again for its first group of students to enter in September, 2020. For the Academic Year 2020-21, ISK Mahboula will be accepting students from KG1 (age 3.6 on 1st September) to Grade 10 (age 15 on 1st September); and ISK Sabah Al Salem will be accepting students in its FS1 (age 3.6 on 1stSeptember) to Year 10 (age 14 on 1st September), the first year of IGCSE. Both Schools will offer students the opportunity to study through to Grade 12 (AY 2021/22) and Year 13 (AY 2023/24). There will be 220-employees needed to deliver a very polished and quality product to its students, of which 140 will be educators.
The School will be a split campus offering a world-class education to all students. Each curriculum, campus dependent, will be inspired and strongly influenced by American or British Standards, but will also have its own unique flair. Students starting in Kindergarten will benefit from a curriculum that inspires them to harness and pursue their individual talents while still benefiting from a holistic liberal arts education. The customized learning ecosystem will encompass deep-language learning, visual and performing arts, scientific and mathematical problem-based learning, well-being and mindfulness, all using an innovative approach we call FUSION! We aim to create the quintessential renaissance student, who will be able to thrive in any context after graduation.
Live-to-Give, our service learning programme, aims to instill in all ISK students the importance of giving back to their local, national and global communities. We are all guardians of this unique environment we call planet Earth, and the embedded ethos is that we must each take our responsibility seriously to have the greatest impact.
The School had already expressed interest and has completed the initial phases of applications for candidacy for a range of accrediting bodies and academic affiliations such as: New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC); British Schools in the Middle East (BSME); Cambridge University Press (CUP); Cambridge Assessment International Education (CIE); Pearson (formerly Edexcel); GL Assessment; and The Educational Collaborative for International School (ECIS) just to name a few.
Licensed teachers can teach in Kuwait's private international schools for the chance to experience life in the Middle East while earning an excellent salary and benefits. Hot and sunny year-round, Kuwait's welcoming residents and beautiful weather make for an incredible experience teaching overseas.