Kindergarten ESL Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
We would prefer qualified teachers who have a North American or British accent. All candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with the age groups we teach.
- Applicants will need to have a Bachelor's Degree in any subject.
- Candidates must be a citizen from the U.S.A., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa to be eligible for the required E-2, F-2, F-5, and F-6 Visa
- Applicants will also need to have some key skills and characteristics:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Be confident in their ability to help students improve their essays/creative writing
- Be creative and adaptable at the same time as being organized and well-prepared for class
- Able to relate to, empathize with, and stimulate children
- Able to maintain a high standard of professional conduct
- Able to manage time and schedule
- Have good social awareness.
- Notarized copy of Bachelor's degree with an apostille
- Clean FBI or national-level criminal background check with an apostille (issuance date must be less than 6 months old unless you have been in Korea since it was issued)
- Valid passport that has a minimum of 6 months until expiration.
- Monthly pay of 2.6 mil to 3.0 mil KRW
- Severance pay paid out at the end of employment - one month for each year worked.
- Housing within a 10-minute walk of the campus
- Airfare reimbursement
- Employer Health and Pension contributions
- Free lunches
Lanpus has garnered a reputation as being the premium Kindergarten School in its area. It is part of DYB education group, which was founded in 1993, and has been running since 2015. Up until now, we have had just one branch, in Songpa, Seoul. There is an after-school program too for elementary grades 1-3 and our teachers are each responsible for one class of 10 students. The students are advanced and the parental expectation is high.
We are now expanding by creating a new campus in the prosperous area of Hanam. We hope to replicate the success we have had in our Songpa campus and we need dedicated and experienced Kindergarten/early Elementary teachers to do that. We are starting small in Hanam and will expand as student numbers grow.
The campus will be situated in a beautiful new building and will have a pleasant atmosphere to work in. If you are confident that you can help build success in the lives of your students, then Lanpus could be the place for you.
- A Korean assistant teacher will share between 2 homeroom teachers
- The working hours are 8:50 am – 5:00 pm (4:30 pm on Fridays)
- There are 40 working hours (27-30 teaching hours) per week.
- Homeroom teachers teach a range of subjects/skills including phonics, reading, listening, writing, speaking, basic math, and basic science, all in English
- Students go to specialized Art and Gym teachers for 1 hour a week each and some of the students attend a Korean Kindergarten Class. Teachers do not need to accompany students for these classes.
- A good lunch is provided by Lanpus and teachers eat with the kindergarten students
- We have an established curriculum – teaching from textbooks but our teachers also create additional materials that we share on Google Drive
- We need to have good communication with the parents and update them on their children's progress. We write report cards and assessments a few times a year
- We put on occasional events (like Christmas concerts, etc.)
"Education is a shared commitment between dedicated teachers, motivated students and enthusiastic parents with high expectations."
Lanpus is a prestigious Kindergarten based in Seoul (Songpa, and from summer of 2023, Hanam). It has been operating since 2015 and is a is part of DYB Education Group. Since its inception 8 years ago we have kept the above quote in mind and worked hard to motivate students and be dedicated in our work. Parental expectation must be high, as evidenced by the waiting list of prospective parents wanting their children to come to Lanpus.
Lanpus caters to kindergarten students, predominantly, but also to elementary students grades 1-3. We put the students first, understanding that while each child is unique and has their own aspirations, strengths, foibles, and interests, all of them will benefit from a firm grasp of English usage to maximize their potential. After all, English is a window.
Our campus facilities are clean, modern and pleasant to be in, as is the housing provided to our Native English Speaking Teachers. Each of our teachers are a home room teacher, allowing them to set up their classroom and create an atmosphere conducive to learning and enjoyment. This year we are expanding Lanpus for the first time in its 8 year history, with a brand new campus in a brand new building in up-and-coming Hanam. This is the reason for us advertising job positions now. The vast majority of our Native Teachers want to re-sign their contracts and stay with us, but we have vacancies now we are expanding.
We are seeking to hire dedicated teachers who see good education as a shared commitment. Qualified teachers are preferred, but we are also interested in applicants who though not necessarily qualified, have experience and the mindset of genuinely wanting to make a difference in students' lives.