- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- Library science
- Major medical health insurance
- An end-of-year bonus and a re-signing bonus
- Full scholarship for up to 2 children
- Working paper procurement/renovation
- Two week Christmas bonus
- Full round trip airfare every two years
- Housing stipend
ASPV teachers are exceptional educators who create a stimulating and enriching experience for our diverse student population. They are flexible, creative, knowledgeable, and strive to have an indelible positive impact. Teachers support the personal, social and academic development of students and are knowledgeable of the school’s mission and guiding principles.
- To be responsible for the administration of the high school library, creating a comfortable, aesthetically pleasing environment which welcomes and nurtures a love of reading and learning.
- To employ the most efficient practices in cataloging reference and circulation work.
- To develop and implement a unit of study for the each grade level in which students are instructed in library-use skills and resources
- To prepare recommendations for the annual library budget for the middle and high school assuring that all materials and equipment are selected on the basis of their contribution to the upper school program and present the prepared document to the Head of School
- To prepare yearly inventory and circulation reports and present the reports to the Head of School and Middle and High School Principal
- To provide for routinely scheduled maintenance and repair of materials and equipment.
- To comply with all school policies, operating procedures and requirements and any additional appropriate duties assigned by immediate supervisors.
- To be available to assist students and teachers with their research and school work needs.
The American School of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, is a private, non-profit, nonsectarian, co-educational institution offering a bilingual, multicultural education for students from early childhood through high school. Founded in 1986, the school is dedicated to an American style education, high academic standards, and the caring environment a small school can offer.
Students benefit from highly-dedicated and talented teachers in a small school atmosphere, and a comprehensive dual curriculum which encompasses that of quality private and public schools in the United States and those established by the Mexican Ministry of Education. Our graduates are accepted into some of the finest universities in the world, such as Brown University in the United States, Queens University in Canada, and TEC in Mexico.
Founded in 1986 by local business leaders, the American School of Puerto Vallarta is a nonprofit, nonsectarian educational institution accredited by the U.S. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the Mexican Ministry of Education, and the National University of Mexico.