Middle & High School English Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- English or closely related degree
- Bachelor's Degree required with at least a 2.5 GPA
- Teacher certification in Middle or High School grades (6-12)
- 3 years experience as teacher required
- Experience teaching Common Core is preferred
- Experience teaching English Language Learners is preferred
Ittihad Private Schools has a long history of 40+ years of academic excellence. Ittihad Schools began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating thousands of students.
IPS is a vibrant international community, underpinned by Emirati culture, philosophy, and character. IPS has a strong family culture deeply rooted in Islamic culture and values. The school offers an enriched American curriculum to students of all nationalities culminating an American high school diploma. Beyond its rigorous academic program, IPS prepares students to lead successful lives through the exceptional diversity of its community and the extra-curricular experiences that contribute to the development of the whole person.
Middle & High School English Teacher
Ittihad Schools are looking for highly qualified, experienced and committed Middle school and High school English teachers for the 2020-2021 school year. The ideal candidate will be someone that is a Native English speaker, experienced with American Common Core curriculum, innovative, enthusiastic and looking for the opportunity to prepare students for a successful future.
- Model correct use of English language, oral and written
- Develops differentiated lesson plans to meet the needs of all learners including EAL learners, learners with special needs, Gifted & Talented students, and struggling learners
- Plans, prepares and delivers student-centered instruction with engaging activities that provide meaningful experiences
- Creates American Common Core standards-based lesson plans with clear learning intentions and success criteria
- Effective use of student data to inform instruction
- Ongoing effective use of assessment of, for, and as learning
- Effective monitoring of student progress and individual target setting
- Monitoring of students' performance and behavior
- Attends faculty meetings and training sessions
- Participate in Professional Learning Communities as an action researcher
When you visit AL ITTIHAD PRIVATE SCHOOL (ISP-J) you will see a vibrant school community with exceptional educational professionals, recruited from around the world, who are committed to delivering a true American education in a local setting.
We belong to the Al Ittihad Private Schools and are considered the Flagship school. The first IPS school opened in Dubai 1978. Currently, we have a total of five schools in the UAE (Al Ain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi). Our branch, Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira, opened its doors in 1998 to meet the growing needs of Emirati students in Dubai; and now, 21 years later, IPS-J has become one of the premier Emirati schools in Dubai offering the American curriculum. We are located in the heart of Jumeirah and offer outstanding facilities that provide the best possible spaces for our committed teachers and coaches to inspire and adapt to the demands of the modern age while at the same time preserve our cultural heritage.
Technology, art, physical education, library, classroom and common spaces all communicate a message that learning is the core purpose and highly valued at IPS-J. With the support of the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and the highly supportive parent community, IPS-J provides comprehensive programs and education
IPS-J serves over 2400 Emirati students from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are fully accredited by CIS and NEASC and rated as a “Good” school by KHDA.
Our core values of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion guide our actions and promote a culture of inclusiveness and engagement. Our focus on student learning in a safe, secure environment ensures that each of our students is encouraged to reach his or her potential each day. We are fully committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff.