Middle School Science Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate
- Foreign teachers must accredit the same training required for nationals, and if they do not have a degree or do not have similar studies with a Bachelor's degree, they must present a certification of training for teaching or PCE (Postgraduate Certification in Education)
- Due to visa requirements, we will accept applications from the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Australia although the school can consider candidates from other nationalities as far as they certify a C1 level of English with certification no older than two years from the issue date until the entrance to the school
- Up to five nights in a hotel, including breakfast, while the teacher finds a suitable apartment. We can recommend a real estate agent to help the teacher find an affordable apartment, hopefully before arrival.
- Housing allowance provided on a monthly basis.
- Relocation Bonus COP 1.100.000 (only paid the first year at entry), this bonus will be paid with the first salary at the end of August.
- Full airfare for an economy ticket and airport pickup
- The school will pay for a year prepaid Colombian medical insurance during the duration of the contract for the hired teacher, renewed every year.
- Other benefits, like school scholarships for children, may apply to individual cases.
If the teacher repeats the covenant with CBSM (same conditions every year until the teacher decides not to renew with the school):
- COP 1.000.000 bonus payable upon return in August every year.
- The school will pay a U$ 500 bonus, payable upon return in August every year.
Our school is an open-minded, welcoming community, which identifies itself with the principles of the Roman Catholic Church, but that welcomes people from other creeds. We are an accredited AdvancED school. Our interest is to hire teachers who will bring to our school fresh ideas, open-minded individuals interested in exploring and expanding their best practices in challenging learning, professionally growing, and evolving educational environment.
We are looking for teachers with robust leadership capacity, and strong planning and organization abilities, willingness to change, assertive communication, and proved adaptation skills. We will assign the teacher to three to five middle school classes, and teaching assignments can include homeroom teaching. On the other hand, Santa Marta is a city that preserves the charm of the coastal towns, surrounded by beautiful beaches and landscapes framed by the stateliness of the Sierra Nevada. Any teacher who will come to our school will find a warm, family-like working environment and will belong to a community that embraces its core values embedded in its principles: to be, to know, to love and to serve.
In 1983 four local families, inspired by the city’s need for a bilingual school, and driven by their great philanthropic spirit, founded the CorporaciÃ³n Educativa BilingÃ¼e de Santa Marta, which then led to the device of the Colegio BilingÃ¼e Santa Marta – CBSM that same year. CBSM is a private, non-profit, co-educational institution, calendar B (from August to June) which, so far, has seen graduate 851 students distributed in 26 promotions.
Aware of the need to train new generations to develop the city and the country, CBSM frames its philosophy in the search for integral education, developing in students the maximum potential in the ethical, spiritual, intellectual, artistic and physical dimensions, based on Christian Catholic values, without detriment to the freedom of worship enshrined in the constitution of our country.
To cultivate our students with open mindsets and the ability to problem solve, we build and create our curriculum keeping in mind Colombian basic standards as well as international standards such as Common Core, California’s and Chile’s standards, among others. Our curriculum takes into consideration diverse ways of learning and to accomplish it; as a framework for our curriculum development, we have adopted the Teaching for Understanding methodology in the classrooms and Understanding by Design like planning style. With these frameworks, we look forward to better the learning of each student and provide the teachers with resources that respond to the 21st-century students learning needs.
Currently, the school holds an ISO9001-2015 Quality System Accreditation Certification and the IQNET certification which was renewed in April 2017. The school is recently accredited as well as International School by AdvancED; this accreditation was granted to CBSM on January 2019.
Teaching jobs in Colombia are much sought-after, and with good reason. Teaching in Colombia allows teachers to experience colorful South American life while teaching at excellent schools.