MS English Language and Literature Teacher
- Middle School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Native English speaker
- Electronic food vouchers
- Monthly housing stipend
- Annual airfare allowance
- Annual holiday bonus
- Savings plan
- Masters Degree Program University of Alabama
The teacher of literature is to encourage and enable students to:
- Use language as a vehicle for thought, creativity, reflection, learning, self-expression, analysis and social interaction
- Develop the skills involved in listening, speaking, reading, writing, viewing and presenting in a variety of contexts
- Develop critical, creative and personal approaches to studying and analysing literary and non-literary texts
- Engage with text from different historical periods and a variety of cultures
- Explore and analyze aspects of personal, host and other cultures through literary and non-literary texts
- Explore language through a variety of media and modes
- Develop a lifelong interest in reading
- Apply linguistic and literary concepts and skills in a variety of authentic contexts
- Other responsibilities: Attend weekly staff meetings, attend weekly department meetings, help with various duties as assigned
Westhill Institute inspires students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners by developing ethical values and by transferring their knowledge in an inclusive learning environment to responsibly impact their community.
Our vision is to inspire students to be contributing leaders in a rapidly changing, globalized world by developing intercultural understanding.
Westhill students develop intercultural understanding through a transdisciplinary concept-based curriculum. As an IB World School, students broaden their intercultural understanding and respect through the Primary Years Program (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP), and Diploma Program (DP).
Developing Lifelong Learners
Westhill inspires students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners who responsibly impact their community. Through a broad and balanced curriculum students learn how to learn by developing transferable skills, attitudes, knowledge and concepts.
Inclusive Learning Environment
Westhill caters for students from all academic levels, cultural backgrounds, and educational needs. Teaching and learning are differentiated for individual learners’ needs.