MS / HS Learning Support Coordinator
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Diploma Level
- Support, model and promote the school mission and vision
- Remain up to date with relevant pedagogy and current practices within the area of learning support
- Maintain actively involved in a program of professional development to improve practice
- Create and manage relevant documentation and other administrative requirements
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with learners, parents, educators, and support staff
- Attend meetings and participate in events as required
- Fulfill other responsibilities as required by the Middle School and High School Principals
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications including a brief cover letter, detailed CV, copies of relevant degrees as well as the names and contact information of three recent referees who have been direct supervisors; by 5.00 p.m. on Friday 20th May 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
To be discussed during the interview.
Learner Support Coordinator for Middle School and High School
The Learner Support Coordinator is responsible for providing learning support for learners and assisting educators in supporting learners who need learning support. The Coordinator reports to the Middle School and High School Principals.
Level 1 and Level 2 Learner Support
- Assist the Director of Admission in identifying applicants who may need Level 1 or 2 learning support
- Work collaboratively with educators to identify learners who may need learning support
- Assess or arrange an assessment of learners who are identified as learners who may need learning support
- Provide and organize support for learners who need learning support
- Provide support and professional development for educators to assist them in educating learners who need additional support
- Provide a wide range of resources for educators to support learners
- Coordinate learning support services for learners, including reading intervention, ESL, and ASAP
- Ensure that learner support is aligned with IB pedagogy and requirements
- Ensure that learning support is personalized and responsive to individual learning needs
Level 3 Learner Support
- Assist the Director of Admission in identifying applicants who may need Level 3 learning support
- Identify and assess GHA learners who may need Level 3 support
- Inform the Human Resources Director of the need to employ Assistant Teachers to support Level 3 learners who need one-to-one Level 3 support, and interview and select qualified candidates in collaboration with HR officers
- Support, supervise and provide professional development for Assistant Teachers who support Level 3 learners
- Facilitate IEP meetings and ensure the development of IEPs for Level 3 learners
- Provide termly IEP progress reports to parents/guardians
- Share progress and discipline reports with the division leadership team
- Communicate to parents and guardians the learner support process for referrals, evaluations, IEPs, and re-evaluations
- Re-evaluate at least annually the need for Level 3 support and help learners transition to Level 2 support when indicated
- Assist parents to access programs and community resources available to learners with special needs
Green Hills Academy is an International Baccalaureate World School located in Rwanda, serving more than 2,200 learners from over 60 countries. Established in 1997 with 130 learners, GHA has grown steadily over the years. Green Hills Academy is authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB) organization to offer the Primary Years Programme for learners in Nursery 1 to Grade 5, the Middle Years Programme for learners in Grades 6 to 10, the Diploma and Career-related Programmes for learners in Grades 11 and 12. Our school is also the only school in Rwanda with Label France Education accreditation, helping learners pursue further education and careers in Francophone countries. IB World Schools shares a common philosophy and commitment to providing a high-quality, challenging, international education that prepares learners for further study in university and fulfilling lives.
We develop our learners into principled, lifelong learners and internationally-minded global citizens who contribute to creating a more peaceful and sustainable World.
Green Hills Academy offers two options for learners from Nursery through Middle School. Parents can choose the English track, where students study all content areas in English, and French and Kinyarwanda as additional languages. Alternatively, parents can choose our bilingual French/English or 50/50 program in which learners spend approximately half their time learning in English and the other half in French.
Situated within a lush 26-acre campus in the heart of Kigali, Green Hills Academy's facilities include spacious classrooms, a gymnasium, pool, music, and band room, dining hall, soccer field, and boarding houses for learners in Grades 7 to 12.
Located in Rwanda, our school offers more than just a quality education. With its safety, thriving organic food culture, and pleasant climate, Rwanda is the ideal country for a well-rounded educational journey.