Physical Education (PE) Teacher - Chengdu
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Physical Education, Health Science, Kinesiology
- A Bachelor’s degree in your teaching subject. Many of our teachers hold multiple advanced degrees in their field. For Elementary and Early Education positions, a degree in this or related field is acceptable and/or encouraged.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience as the lead teacher of record in a classroom. This is a requirement for you to obtain a working visa.
- An eagerness and willingness to collaborate with and elevate teaching colleagues. Our teachers come from all over the world and bring a wide variety of curricular backgrounds and experiences. We seek to utilize this diversity to grow and learn from each other.
- High academic standards and a desire to make a difference in the rigor of international education.
Our benefits package and teacher support are nearly unrivaled in schools in China. Expatriate teachers with BASIS International & Bilingual Schools China receive:
- Competitive salary (dependent upon education and experience)
- Global health coverage (including U.S. for American citizens)
- Provided accommodation or housing allowance
- Annual retirement benefit
- Paid travel to and from China at the start and end of the contract
- Annual travel allowance
- Moving allowance
- Free school meals
- Assistance in obtaining your visa
- Ability to transfer within our network at the end of your contract
We also offer extensive HR support beginning when you accept a position with us. Our HR and Operations teams will provide tremendous guidance and assistance in obtaining your visa, travel arrangements, housing, residence permit, and more.
Beyond this though, our promise to you is you will be a better educator when you leave BASIS International Schools. Through intentional and continued professional development and coaching, we nurture teaching excellence and innovation not just for the betterment of our students, but our teachers as well. This development can mean career acceleration of years, whether you desire to become a teacher mentor or a school administrator.
BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu is seeking qualified candidates for a Physical Education (PE) Teacher for the 2024-2025 school year!
Are you an experienced educator looking to grow your career with an established and high-achieving school network? Apply now for our Physical Education Teacher position with BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu.
Why BASIS International Schools?
BASIS International & Bilingual Schools is a rapidly growing network of schools in China with a tradition of academic excellence and rigor. Our first school opened in Shenzhen in 2015 and since then we have opened schools in Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu, and Wuhan, with two new schools coming to Shenzhen in 2024.
Our graduates have been accepted into some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the world, including Princeton, Oxford, Cornell, Imperial College London, MIT, University of Toronto, Johns Hopkins, and many more—with an overall acceptance of nearly 100% to Top 50 U.S. universities.
About BASIS International & Bilingual Schools Chengdu
BASIS International & Bilingual Schools Chengdu opened in fall 2022 with Grades Pre-K – 10, and will eventually expand to offer courses through Grade 12, with a capacity of over 1,800 students. This campus is our first to house both an international and bilingual curriculum in one location. The school’s facilities include state-of-the-art classrooms, a cafeteria, a library, a gym, science labs, an auditorium, and plenty of outdoor space.
Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan province—home to famous historic sites, cuisine, and culture. Our school is located in a new area of Chengdu, a high-tech area in the southwest of the city. The master-planned location includes plenty of green space and is convenient to the Chengdu airport as well.
As a Physical Education teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject-specific lesson plans, and to teach students about different types of exercise, sporting skills, attitudes, and health topics.
PE teachers lay a foundation by incorporating basic principles of warming up, stretching, and cooling down. A focus on attitude, performance, and sporting skills is utilized to benefit students. PE teachers also have the unique opportunity and ability to collaborate with other Subject Expert Teachers to incorporate and enhance student learning by blending PE content with other subjects, such as science or history. Our PE Teachers are passionate and excited to teach their students in innovative ways, and our students are eager to learn and grow.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject-specific lessons in Physical Education (PE).
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge.
Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand.
Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In the fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu opened--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan opened in 2023, continuing this vision. 2024 will bring two more schools to our network: BASIS Bilingual School Guangming Shenzhen and BASIS Bilingual Kindergarten Nanshan.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.