Primary/Middle and High School ESL Teacher
We are currently looking for caring and energetic native English-speaking ESL teacher to join our faculty to teach middle and high school students. If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to your students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
- Teach content and English Language Arts skills in grades 6-12 using the performance standards of the International Baccalaureate Program
- Develop weekly lesson plans and curriculum maps in conjunction with their grade level and ESL colleagues
- Evaluate academic and social growth of students (pre-post assessments), analyze data, prepare reports, keep appropriate records as necessary
- Create and maintain documents and files for individual students
- Evaluate each student’s ESL progress on an individual basis
- Identify student’s ESL needs and cooperate with other professional staff members to address issues
- Communicate with homeroom teachers, parents and school admin on student progress.
- Participate in staff meetings and support student activities
- Teach through a student centered, inquiry-based creative approach
- Develop a multicultural learning community that emphasizes respect for diversity
|Taicang (Suburb of Shanghai), China|
|Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty|
|Elementary, Middle School, High School|
|USD 3000 - 4500|
Qualifications and Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|