Primary/Middle and High School ESL Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Passion for teaching students English as a second language
- Familiarity or experience with the International Baccalaureate program
- Familiarity with inquiry-based teaching and Responsive Classroom
- Teaching certification or license a plus
- At least 2 years previous ESL teaching experience
- Understanding and proficiency in relevant technology
- Knowledge of current ESL educational and instructional methodologies
- Supportive HR staff and Academic team
- Attentive visa and transition support
- A school committed to teacher growth and development
- Above industry average monthly salary
- Housing allowance with relocation support
- Medial insurance
- Flight Allowance
- Paid holidays
- Year-end performance bonus
We are currently looking for caring and energetic native English-speaking ESL teacher to join our faculty to teach middle and high school students. If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to your students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
- Teach content and English Language Arts skills in grades 6-12 using the performance standards of the International Baccalaureate Program
- Develop weekly lesson plans and curriculum maps in conjunction with their grade level and ESL colleagues
- Evaluate academic and social growth of students (pre-post assessments), analyze data, prepare reports, keep appropriate records as necessary
- Create and maintain documents and files for individual students
- Evaluate each student’s ESL progress on an individual basis
- Identify student’s ESL needs and cooperate with other professional staff members to address issues
- Communicate with homeroom teachers, parents and school admin on student progress.
- Participate in staff meetings and support student activities
- Teach through a student centered, inquiry-based creative approach
- Develop a multicultural learning community that emphasizes respect for diversity
Walton Foreign Language School’s goal is to provide a creative, courageous, and open-minded learning community that encourages students to be lifelong learners. Walton helps students to be responsible global citizens, respecting both international and Chinese cultures and traditions. As a K-12, IB candidate school, our learning environment is focused on the cultivation of tomorrow’s leaders while embodying educational excellence, interdisciplinary proficiencies and cross-cultural competencies. As such, we strive to provide thought-provoking programs that support students in realizing their academic and individual potential.
Walton Foreign Language Schools belong to The Chiway Holding Group. Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Shanghai, Chiway Holding Group has developed into a diversified, privately-owned corporation. Main businesses of the group include real estate investment and development, education investment, and cultural industries investment. Chiway Education brings in high quality education resources from abroad, and cooperates with colleges in Australia, the United Kingdom and America to develop international education projects in China.