Secondary English Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
Candidates must be able to start in January
- Housing provided along with paid utilities
- Annual economy airfare for self to and from home country
- Medical Insurance
- End of Service Gratuity
The candidate is responsible for creating a classroom environment that develops in each student skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing that are fundamental to effective communication and literate citizenship; develops appreciation of good literature of all types; motivates students to read widely for information and recreation; develops standards for critical judgment of written and oral communications transmitted by mass media; and discovers and develops special talents of students in the field of English to prepare each student to meet the California & Common Core standards.
- Teaches content and skills in English language, literature, composition, reading, journalism to secondary school students, utilizing curriculum designated by Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira
- Adapts English material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments and lesson plans that guide and challenge students
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course California & Common Core standards; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary
- Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas
- Evaluates each student’s progress in meeting the course standards for English skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress
- Supervises students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities
- Administers testing in accordance with division testing practices
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities
- Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities
- Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in the school including PTA, student clubs and after-school activities
- Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or another appropriate administrator
When you visit AL ITTIHAD PRIVATE SCHOOL (ISP-J) you will see a vibrant school community with exceptional educational professionals, recruited from around the world, who are committed to delivering a true American education in a local setting.
We belong to the Al Ittihad Private Schools and are considered the Flagship school. The first IPS school opened in Dubai 1978. Currently, we have a total of five schools in the UAE (Al Ain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi). Our branch, Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira, opened its doors in 1998 to meet the growing needs of Emirati students in Dubai; and now, 21 years later, IPS-J has become one of the premier Emirati schools in Dubai offering the American curriculum. We are located in the heart of Jumeirah and offer outstanding facilities that provide the best possible spaces for our committed teachers and coaches to inspire and adapt to the demands of the modern age while at the same time preserve our cultural heritage.
Technology, art, physical education, library, classroom and common spaces all communicate a message that learning is the core purpose and highly valued at IPS-J. With the support of the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and the highly supportive parent community, IPS-J provides comprehensive programs and education
IPS-J serves over 2400 Emirati students from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are fully accredited by CIS and NEASC and rated as a “Good” school by KHDA.
Our core values of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion guide our actions and promote a culture of inclusiveness and engagement. Our focus on student learning in a safe, secure environment ensures that each of our students is encouraged to reach his or her potential each day. We are fully committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff.