Secondary English Teacher (SNET)
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 1 year of teaching experience
Teaching license preferred
TEFL/TESL certificate must have in-person teaching component
One year of English teaching experience at secondary (high-school) level
- Start Date: August 2019
- Location: Across Hong Kong
- Student Level: Secondary Schools
- Working Hours: 08:00-17:00 Secondary School
- Vacation: National holidays, summer vacation (flexible, determined by school)
- Medical Insurance: Allowance for Family Health Care
- Additional Benefits: Bonus Pay, Retention Bonus, Cash Advances on Salary Luggage Allowance, Medical Allowance, Family Air Ticket
We’re seeking applications from enthusiastic and motivated English language teachers to join the popular NET scheme at public schools across Hong Kong. Successful candidates will be teaching students in government-run primary schools and secondary schools with the aim of strengthening English language learning and teaching in the region and assisting with teaching and curriculum development The NET scheme aims to support and strengthen English language learning and teaching in Hong Kong. The main goals of the schemes are to:
- Provide an authentic environment for children to learn English.
- Develop children’s interest in learning English and establish the foundation for lifelong learning.
- Help local teachers develop innovative learning and teaching methods, materials, curricula and activities suited to the needs of local children.
- Disseminate good practices in language learning and teaching through region-based teacher development programmes such as experience-sharing seminars/workshops and networking activities.
Secondary Native-Speaking English Teachers (SNET) in Hong Kong work at one school. Secondary NETs may co-teach English in a secondary school with a local English teacher. The duties of Secondary Native-Speaking English Teachers in Hong Kong are typical teaching activities, assisting in professional development of local teachers and working within the community of the school. Secondary schools in Hong Kong will vary in different aspects such as the background of the students, school culture, and gender mix of the students (i.e. co-ed or single sex).