Secondary Math Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- High sense of responsibility
- Result-oriented individual
- Willingness to contribute to the school goals
- Visa and work permit reimbursed at the completion of each year of service
- Housing allowance included in the monthly salary
- Round Trip airfare reimbursed at the completion of the contract
- Generous paid holiday during the year (22 days of public holiday + 18 days of personal leave + 6 days of sick leave + 2 weeks school breaks)
- Lunch provided at the school canteen
- Medical allowance of up to 1000 USD per year
- Assistance in finding accommodation and airport pick up provided
Westview Cambodian International School is the extension to secondary education from grade 7 to 12 from Learning Jungle International School in Cambodia which is a Canadian franchise school providing educational services from preschool to elementary programs (Grade 6).
What sets Westview Cambodian International School apart from other schools is our dedication to delivering the international standards of education to the Youth of the Kingdom of Cambodia. We are set to preparing our students to be socially committed leaders and responsible citizens who are successful in a local and global environment. We focus not only on academic excellence but on the essential elements necessary to succeed, including resilience, developing a growth mindset, collaboration, respect and maintaining an open mind. Core classes are taught in English and are aligned with the American Common Core Standards. The remainder of the day is reserved for Khmer language, culture, history, geography, and civics classes taught in Khmer, to ensure that students are well-versed in their heritage language and culture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and love for teenagers and enthusiasm for developing a happy, creative atmosphere for the students
- Ensure the teaching quality of his/her classroom meets the high standard of the school curriculum
- Prepare monthly lesson plan by using school online resources and ensure that the lesson plan of his/her classroom follows the school curriculum
- Keep records of student assessment, lesson plans, homework and other documents per school requirements
- Assign and correct homework, unit tests, projects, etc
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss progress results with Students, Parents and School Management team
- Lead students to join various academic activities/projects and local and regional competitions
- Write report cards and conduct parent-teacher meetings two times per year
- Ensure and maintain safety, hygiene, and stimulating environment for his/her classroom’s students
- Build a good relationship and maintain good communication with Parents, Students, and Staff
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips, and special activities when requested
- Attend weekly meetings, professional development, Parents-Teacher meetings, and school events as requested
- Perform other teaching-related tasks as requested
Westview Cambodian International School is the great extension to secondary education by the passionate leadership team of Learning Jungle International School Cambodia (LJIS) offering educational services only from preschool to elementary programs. With the strong support from parents, students, staff and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Westview Cambodian International School is created to offer the International Secondary program built from the world-renowned standards of education, American Common Core Standards (ACCS) and the Khmer language, history and culture into one unique curriculum from grades 7 to 12. Our mission is to educate Cambodian youth to become confident, equipped with global competencies while embracing their Cambodian identity, culture and values.
Westview students will be well-informed individuals who have the intellectual, creative, technological and organizational skills and resilience necessary to succeed in the academic environment and in the post-graduate world.
Westview students will be effective communicators who have the skills necessary to interact in their local community and global society.
Westview students will be critical thinkers who are able to examine a situation and respond appropriately, using the growth mindset and perseverance to solve problems.
Westview students will be active, open-minded collaborators who employ appropriate communicative and leadership skills to be productive contributors in a variety of settings.
Westview students will be responsible and caring family members, friends and citizens who will positively contribute to back to their family, country and the world.