- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- Teaching Credential/License
Please carefully read these qualifications before applying:
- Willing and able to relocate to Mandalay either for the start of the 2022/23 school year (whether or not we are able to begin our face-to-face classes) or for when our campus is able to officially reopen for face-to-face classes (at present, our campus remains closed due the current political situation). Candidates who prefer to wait until the campus is officially reopened will need to temporarily relocate to a region of the world with a similar time zone to Myanmar in order to work during our Myanmar school day, which is based on live synchronous classes.
- Current US or Canadian certification that covers the grades you wish to teach
- Single candidates or teaching couples without dependents
- Candidates who are able to travel without pets.
- $1500 annual travel stipend
- Free housing on campus
The Spanish teacher covers Spanish 1 (grade 9) and Spanish 2 (grade 10) for classes of up to 25 students. We follow Common Core and are a US-accredited school.
Due to current conditions in Myanmar, we expect to be online for at least part of next year. If we are able to return to campus at some time during the course of the year, teachers will be encouraged to do so.
Ayeyarwaddy International School opened in 2012/13 with approximately 400 students from preschool to Grade 8. We currently have over 1,000 students. For the next school year (2021/22), we will have approximately 1,000+ students from preschool to Grade 12. We are fully accredited by WASC and members of EARCOS. We are a dynamic, fast-growing, and positive community. The teachers who do best here are the ones who devote themselves to their students, who commit to the mission of the school, and who go outside of the school to connect with the host culture.
Myanmar’s charm lies in exploring the largely unseen. Teachers seeking the spiritual and serene will find no shortage of historical sites, temples, and pagodas. Teach in Myanmar and blaze a trail rich with new discoveries.