Special Education Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Special Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of special education and specialty area
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching of students with disabilities
- Thorough knowledge of school rules, regulations and procedures; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior
- Ability to deliver and articulate oral presentations and written reports
- Ability to effectively an analyze needs and problems objectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, students, parents, staff, administration and the general public
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program
- Knowledge of relevant technology including the use of technology such as i-pads to individualize instruction
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school district and state
- Knowledge and skills in working with children with ADD and behavior and emotional disabilities
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Housing allowance or school shared accommodation provided
- Economy ticket to and from home country
- Medical insurance
Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira is a CIS/NEASC accredited private school serving over 2400 students (mainly Emirati students) from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are rated a "Good" school by KHDA and we follow the American curriculum (California Standards & Common Core Standards). We have a beautiful campus in the heart of Jumeirah. The school's vision focuses on two main parts: maintaining the heritage and global thinking.
Under the direction of the Building Principal and Head of Special Education Department, the Licensed Special Education Teacher develops and provides specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities; Evaluates and assesses student progress against instructional objectives; follows UAE mandated due process procedures and functions as IEP Manager to assigned students.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives contained within each student’s IEP
- Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques
- Employs various teaching techniques, methods, and principles of learning to enable students to meet their IEP goals
- Develops and implements annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for students to include: present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals
- Schedules team meetings and works cooperatively with child study team members and others in developing instructional goals and strategies
- Coordinates the delivery of special education services in each student's IEP
- Creates a positive learning experience with emphasis in individualized instruction using appropriate sources including technology
- Serves as the primary contact for the parent
- Conducts special education evaluations and reevaluations
- Provides direction, supervision, and evaluation of educational assistants as directed
- Complies with School's policies and all UAE rules and regulations
- Completes all reporting requirements
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes and maintains student control and discipline in the classroom, school premises or during school activities
- Employs and implements a classroom structure and consistency to encourage student responsibility, cooperation and mutual respect consistent with district policies and procedures
- Collaborates and consults with educational professionals and community service providers (i.e., social services, public health, medical providers, etc.) regarding the needs of students
- Provides consultation to classroom teachers regarding classroom adaptations, instructional modifications, adaptive equipment, behavior modification plans and other similar instructional interventions to meet the needs of students with disabilities
- Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature apparent or as assigned
When you visit AL ITTIHAD PRIVATE SCHOOL (ISP-J) you will see a vibrant school community with exceptional educational professionals, recruited from around the world, who are committed to delivering a true American education in a local setting.
We belong to the Al Ittihad Private Schools and are considered the Flagship school. The first IPS school opened in Dubai 1978. Currently, we have a total of five schools in the UAE (Al Ain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi). Our branch, Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira, opened its doors in 1998 to meet the growing needs of Emirati students in Dubai; and now, 21 years later, IPS-J has become one of the premier Emirati schools in Dubai offering the American curriculum. We are located in the heart of Jumeirah and offer outstanding facilities that provide the best possible spaces for our committed teachers and coaches to inspire and adapt to the demands of the modern age while at the same time preserve our cultural heritage.
Technology, art, physical education, library, classroom and common spaces all communicate a message that learning is the core purpose and highly valued at IPS-J. With the support of the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and the highly supportive parent community, IPS-J provides comprehensive programs and education
IPS-J serves over 2400 Emirati students from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are fully accredited by CIS and NEASC and rated as a “Good” school by KHDA.
Our core values of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion guide our actions and promote a culture of inclusiveness and engagement. Our focus on student learning in a safe, secure environment ensures that each of our students is encouraged to reach his or her potential each day. We are fully committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff.