Special Education Teacher/Coordinator
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Special education needs
- Teaching Credential/License
- UAE Experience preferred
- Prior to signing the contract, the school will need to receive the following:
- Satisfactory references
- Copy of your current Resident Visa or Visit Visa in UAE.
- Attested professional and academic qualifications
- Police clearance
- Evidence of a Bachelor of Education Degree or equivalence to qualify for a Professional Teacher License or Certificate.
- Copy of the previous UAE medical insurance if previously a resident of the UAE
- Health Insurance
- Housing provided
- UAE Resident Visa
- Round trip airfare every two years
Hiring UAE resident candidates ONLY.
A special education needs teacher responsible for teaching and collaborating with staff and administration in identifying and planning short or long-term special services for children with exceptional needs, with a strong focus on inclusionary practices; To teach a class of students ensuring that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs. To be flexible and adjust to the needs of a growing school, actively contributing to its development and growth.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify at-risk students and providing intervention services prior to identifying as special needs or gifted students.
- Collaborate with teachers and staff working with identified special needs, at-risk and gifted students within classrooms
- Ensure accurate records are gathered and maintained for all identified students indicating specific needs and progress.
- Involve and keep parents aware of their child’s progress and needs.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Officer in assessing potential students for school admission
- Recommending and implementing plans for at-risk students
- Implement agreed school policies and guidelines.
- Support initiatives decided by the Principal and staff.
- Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks.
- Be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning.
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where all pupils can access resources appropriately.
- Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and term planning.
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behavior policy.
- Participate in meetings that relate to the school's management, curriculum, administration or organization.
- Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies.
- Lead organize and direct support staff within the classroom.
- Participate in the performance management system for the appraisal of their own performance, or that of other teachers.
Pinnacle American School is a new American Curriculum school located in Madinat Zayed, capital of the Al Dhafra Region in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We currently have six grades, starting with KG1 (Pre-K) to Grade 5. In the 2020-2021 academic year.
Pinnacle American School (formerly Al Hazem Private School) takes pride in being a school in which all students are loved and cared for, with a strong belief that all students can learn. Our mission is to develop world-class learners, so we take advantage of our small class sizes to give extra attention to each learner and develop them to their fullest potential. This aligns well with the vision of the countries rulers in making the UAE among the best counties in the world.