American International School
The American International School Kuwait is a rigorous and college-preparatory Pre-K through grade 12 school offering three International Baccalaureate Programmes; the PYP, MYP, and DP. We pride ourselves in offering a challenging academic curriculum rooted in nurturing students to thrive and to be balanced. Our school Mission embodies our commitment to our local and international student body:
AIS Kuwait inspires students to become critical thinkers and contributing world citizens through rigor and balance in a nurturing educational environment.
Over the course of a PK-12 education, the AIS community works collaboratively to support graduates reach the various aspects of our Profile of the Graduates.
Ideally, AIS graduates will become contributing global citizens, who:
- take initiative to organize ideas and apply thinking skills independently.
- explore concepts, ideas and issues that have significance to local and global systems, and develop their natural curiosity.
- are positive people who value a strong work ethic, self-reliance and volunteerism.
- become flexible and adaptable members of a global community, accustomed to seeking and evaluating a range of points of view, and willing to grow from the experience.
- understand the importance of intellectual and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and others.
- show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others.
- express ideas and information confidently and creatively in more than one language and in a variety of modes of communication.
- set goals which are supportive of their learning and personal development and they approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainty with courage and forethought, and have the persistence and adaptability to explore new roles, ideas and strategies.
AIS is a large school with a student population diversity of 47 nationalities, the majority being of an Arabic background. Our local and international teaching staff are representative of the English-speaking world with the majority American or Canadian. AIS is a collaborative community with opportunities for extensive professional learning and growth.