- All Levels
- District/Regional Level Administrator, Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Master’s Preferred
- Must meet China visa requirements
- Early education experience
- Must pass background check
- Teaching certification or license a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Provided Housing
- Up to 12000 RMB for Round Trip flight reimbursement
- Health and Accident Insurance
- Residence Permit, Work Permit, and Related Visa Processing Fees Assistance and Reimbursement
- Working Hours: 7:45 AM – 4:30 PM
- Teaching Hours: Class hours per week determined with HOS
- Paid local, national and school holidays
- 5 personal days per year
- Resigning Bonus Paid in Following Year
- Tuition coverage for dependents
The KL International School of Chongqing is seeking an Academic Principal to join our growing community!
KLIS is seeking an experienced Academic Principal who loves to work with international students of all ages.
KL International School of Chongqing
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing. Our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.
KLIS educators are bright, adaptive, and responsive to their students. They are culturally aware, understanding that a diverse group of students with unique backgrounds sit in front of them each day. They are patient and caring, taking time to explain concepts to different learning levels and cherish the opportunity to serve as role models. They are explorers of Chongqing and the world – both interested in and dedicated to learning inside and outside of the classroom. Most of all, KLIS educators love students.
As the Academic Principal, you will serve as the academic leader of KLIS, leading a core group of teachers and teaching assistants to instruct a diverse group of international students. With skills in school leadership and excellence in academic program development, the work of the Academic Principal goes beyond the school and extends to serving as a cultural ambassador and example of positive school culture, taking care to understand and collaborate with international colleagues and the community. A successful Principal will easily adapt to new cultures and colleagues, can help to grow a positive school community, grasp the big picture while being detail-oriented, and understand the importance of character and values in education.
This role is suitable for academic leaders looking to join a young school and those who want to contribute to shaping the future of a school.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead the teaching team made up of foreign and local teachers to deliver a strong academic experience and culture for all students
- Develop, monitor, evaluate and improve the school instructional program
- Lead curriculum and professional development
- Train and provide educational resources to faculty
- Promote and implement professional development
- Co-develop the school calendar and schedule
- Integrate and maintain school systems
- Interview and onboard foreign teachers
- Work with the admissions team to drive student recruitment and retention of students
- Maintain academic integrity in the program
- Develop and maintain close relationships with parents and the community
- Plan and manage staff assignments
- Establish robust, meaningful co-curricular and auxiliary programs
- Be a visible, positive presence in all areas of the school