American High School Principal
- High School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Tax-free salary paid on a scale linked to relevant experience up to AED 18,400/- per month
- End of service gratuity
- Joining and departure economy class flights to/from Dubai to the home of record for self
- Annual flights from to home of record [Economy class] for self, taken once during annual leave
- UAE medical insurance for self
- 2,000 AED settling in allowance
- 2 year renewable contract with automatic renewal
- Visa processing costs (excluding document certification) for self
- Excellent career and leadership prospects
Ignite School in Dubai, seeks an experienced American educational leader to serve as high school principal. Ignite High School opens in August 2022 in Al Warqa’a, a suburb of Dubai near Safari World. Ignite High School will be a state-of-the-art educational setting for the entire community of Al Warqa’a and surrounding areas to access and enjoy.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledgebase of a dynamic educational leader
- Inspire and lead others with a demonstrated record of success
- Demonstrate positive team building skills with all staff and students
- Foster strong relationships with families and community members
- Promote an open, inclusive environment for all
- Envision excellence and promote high expectations for all students
- Be responsible for all aspects of budget planning and building operations
- Understand and value the importance of social-emotional learning
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills
- Be well-versed in NY Standards for a variety of secondary content areas
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of KHDA requirements for Special
- Education and English Learner programming
- Professional Licensure as a High School Principal required,
- Must have five years of teaching experience
- Five years experience as Asst. Principal/ Principal preferred
Ignite School offers a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for Emirati and expatriate students. The Ignite School curriculum aligns to the New York State Learning Standards, which includes the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards as well as KHDA guidelines.
We are a new school that commenced classes in September 2018 for over 120 students in KG1 (Pre-K) to Grade 5. In 2020/2021 we expanded our Middle School by adding Grade 7 and in 2021/22 we will be opening Grade 8 classes. We project an enrollment of around 687 students for September 2021. Eventually we will offer a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for over 2,000 Emirati and expatriate students with either the traditional or Advanced Placement tracks.
When you join the Ignite School Community in Dubai and you will have the unique opportunity to shape school culture, develop and promote best teaching practices and experience living in the UAE.
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.