AP Chemistry Teacher - Huizhou
- High School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Successfully pass a background clearance
- A major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement
- In some cases, a Bachelor’s degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience as a lead teacher required
- Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Masters or Ph.D.)
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence
- Must be open to new ideas in teaching
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- Health coverage
- Housing allowance
- Travel assistance
- Assistance in obtaining a visa
CANDIDATES MUST CURRENTLY BE LOCATED IN CHINA.
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for AP Chemistry Teacher for the 2020-21 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As an AP Chemistry teacher, you will build upon foundations laid in the middle grades to give students a more in-depth understanding of Chemistry and prepare them for future AP testing. Topics covered include chemical formulas and reactions, stoichiometry, atomic and molecular structure, the periodic table, and states of matter and gas laws. Student-guided labs will give students hands-on experience and learning opportunities.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Chemistry.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Our seven BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. Future locations planned include Beijing, Chengdu, and Shanghai, China.