AP Physics Teacher - Park Lane Harbour
- High School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Physics, Science
- A Bachelor’s degree in your teaching subject. Many of our teachers hold multiple advanced degrees in their field. For Elementary and Early Education positions, a degree in this or related field is acceptable and/or encouraged.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience as the lead teacher of record in a classroom. This is a requirement for you to obtain a working visa.
- An eagerness and willingness to collaborate with and elevate teaching colleagues. Our teachers come from all over the world and bring a wide variety of curricular backgrounds and experiences. We seek to utilize this diversity to grow and learn from each other.
- High academic standards and a desire to make a difference in the rigor of international education.
Our benefits package and teacher support are nearly unrivaled in schools in China. Expatriate teachers with BASIS International & Bilingual Schools China receive:
- Competitive salary (dependent upon education and experience)
- Global health coverage (including U.S. for American citizens)
- Provided accommodation or housing allowance
- Annual retirement benefit
- Paid travel to and from China at the start and end of the contract
- Annual travel allowance
- Moving allowance
- Free school meals
- Assistance in obtaining your visa
- Ability to transfer within our network at the end of your contract
We also offer extensive HR support beginning when you accept a position with us. Our HR and Operations teams will provide tremendous guidance and assistance in obtaining your visa, travel arrangements, housing, residence permit, and more.
Beyond this though, our promise to you is you will be a better educator when you leave BASIS International Schools. Through intentional and continued professional development and coaching, we nurture teaching excellence and innovation not just for the betterment of our students, but our teachers as well. This development can mean career acceleration over the years, whether you desire to become a teacher mentor or a school administrator.
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for an AP Physics Teacher for the 2024-2025 school year!
Are you an experienced educator looking to grow your career with an established and high-achieving school network? Apply now for our Music Teacher position with BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour.
Why BASIS International Schools?
BASIS International & Bilingual Schools is a rapidly growing network of schools in China with a tradition of academic excellence and rigor. Our first school opened in Shenzhen in 2015 and since then we have opened schools in Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu and Wuhan, with two new schools coming in Shenzhen in 2024.
Our graduates have been accepted into some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the world, including Princeton, Oxford, Cornell, Imperial College London, MIT, University of Toronto, Johns Hopkins, and many more—with an overall acceptance of nearly 100% to Top 50 U.S. universities.
As an AP Physics teacher, you will build upon a solid foundation of physics principles to give high school grades students a more in-depth of understanding of Physics and prepare them for future AP testing. Topics covered include Newtonian mechanics, work, energy, mechanical waves and sound, and introductory, simple circuits. Student-guided labs will give students hands-on experience and learning opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject-specific lessons in AP Physics for high school-aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to create interdisciplinary lessons and incorporate music as a part of other areas of knowledge.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge.
Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand.
Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In the fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu opened--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan opened in 2023, continuing this vision. 2024 will bring two more schools to our network: BASIS Bilingual School Guangming Shenzhen and BASIS Bilingual Kindergarten Nanshan.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.