- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- Work with Head of Visual Arts to plan, prepare and deliver art exhibitions and demonstrations, both from students and from recognized professional artists.
- Supervise Extended Essay Students for the IB Diploma, and/or Community Service projects for High School and Middle School students (as required, according to student needs and teacher allocations).
- Organise and lead extra-curricular activities and student engagement in issues related to arts or other areas of interest, to promote positive interactions among students of all ages and develop their academic, creative, and sporting potential.
- Organise and lead relevant educational visits for Middle/High school students if required and agreed upon.
- Maintain knowledge of current educational theory and practice and undertake professional training in liaison with the Head of Department and Programme Coordinators.
- Act by the budgets, policies, procedures, directions, and decisions of the school management
- Act as an ambassador for the school and act in a manner that upholds the values and ethos of the school at all times
- Maintain high-quality standards in all areas of the school
- Any other activities as agreed with management to contribute to the overall development of the school.
- Report to the Head of the Visual Arts Department
- Work closely with the Programme Coordinators for PYP, MYP, IGCSE, and DP, as appropriate.
Bishkek International School is a non-profit community school providing excellent international education in a safe, supportive and friendly environment. The school opened in September 2011 and now has 360 students from ages 2 to 18. Fifty-five percent of our students are American, Asian, and European citizens, children of employees of embassies, international organizations, and international business or NGOs. Forty-five percent of students are Kyrgyz citizens. The school welcomes all students regardless of ability, gender, ethnicity, language, or religious belief, and everyone is encouraged to take part in all school activities.
BIS is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Commission on international education. As an IB World School, we offer the IB Diploma Programme, IB Middle Years Programme (MYP), and IB Primary Years Programme (PYP). We are also a Cambridge International School, with Cambridge Assessment International Education accreditation for the IGCSE program.
- Plan, deliver, and assess art teaching in either the IB Diploma Programme (Grade 11/12), and/or Cambridge IGCSE (Grade 9/10), and/or IB Middle Years Programme (Grades 6/7/8), subject to student enrolment and teacher allocations.
- Align classroom learning and teaching to program requirements.
- Create an engaging classroom environment that motivates students to learn and ensures all student expectations are high
- Provide a positive learning environment for each student and inspire students to expand their understanding and use of the subjects being taught.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the individual needs of each student to be socially and academically successful, having regard to the abilities and aptitudes of individuals.
- Enhance lessons through incorporating technology into the teaching program and be creative in working with limited resources.
- Use a wide range of assessment methods to ensure student knowledge and understanding are appropriately recorded–
- Provide individual tutoring for students who need support to progress in their courses.
- Be an exemplary teacher, clearly demonstrating effective planning, teaching, organization, and high standards of achievement and behavior in lessons Collaborate with other teachers to ensure a consistent approach to learning and achievement of standards for each group.
- Work with Programme Coordinators to produce relevant planning documents and attend relevant Programme meetings.
- Plan, keep, and report appropriate records to school management and parents.
We are a non-profit community school with 300 students from over 30 countries from age 2 to 18 years old. BIS is an IB World School, offering the IB Diploma Programme (DP) for students age 16–18, the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students age 11-13 and the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students age 3-10.
For students aged 14-16 we provide the accredited Cambridge IGCSE programme as a sound basis to enter the IB Diploma Programme. BIS is also accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Council for International Schools, providing international accreditation of our High School Diploma and by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic, to provide national school completion certificates following state examination.
The country is very welcoming, with an open and democratic approach following independence in 1991. The capital, Bishkek, is home to one million people in the foothills of the Tian-Shan mountains where the low cost of living, cultural freedom and easy access to skiing and hiking make it one of the most attractive cities to live in Central Asia. While being within central Bishkek, the actual school location is in a quiet residential area.
Kyrgyzstan teaching opportunities for English speakers typically come as ESL instructor positions. Other teach abroad opportunities in Kyrgyzstan present themselves as international school positions.