- 5 years of teaching experience
- Elementary Education; Administration
Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Principal’s Certificate (preferred)
- Minimum of 6 years’ in a leadership position
- Academic training and experience in the American or Canadian educational system with at least five years of successful classroom teaching
- Experience in implementing the principles and current trends in education, best practices, curriculum, staff development, essential elements of instruction and supervision
- Fluent English speaker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- International Insurance for employee and family residing in Kuwait (children below 18 years of age)
- Fully furnished apartment with all utilities paid by the school
- Annual economy class ticket for employee and family residing in Kuwait (children below 18 years of age)
- 100% tuition covered for 2 children at the school; 50% for remaining children
- Settling-in allowance (at start of the contract) of 1,300 US$
- Baggage allowance of (at start and end of contract) 2,600 US$ against receipts
The Assistant Principal assists the School Principal in the overall effective administration of the Elementary School in fulfilling the school's mission. Utilizes leadership, supervisory, educational and administrative skills in developing and implementing a program that meets the needs of all students.
Al-Bayan Bilingual (BBS) was established in 1977 with a vision to prepare students for the world of today and the challenges of tomorrow. The school offers a bilingual program in which the Arabic and English languages carry equal emphasis and status, the goal of which is to bridge global progress with the traditional values of Arab culture. It is a private, non-profit, coeducational, day school from Pre-K through High School.
The mission describes the school as an “Arabic and English learning community nurturing compassionate and innovative students, leading sustainable change and progress in Kuwait and the global environment.”
BBS is a large school of 2400+ students operating four school divisions on its spacious and well-equipped campus in Kuwait. It features spacious learning spaces, four gymnasiums, a theater, clinics, media centers, Makerspaces, multipurpose rooms of various sizes, ten science laboratories, computer labs, a canteen, a mosque, and open-air sports facilities. The campus is WI-FI enabled to support the “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) program in Middle School and High School and the iPad program in Pre-School and Elementary School.
We are a vibrant learning community, nurturing our faculty and staff to grow and learn with our students. As the first and largest American curriculum bilingual school in Kuwait, accredited by CIS and NEASC, we have a rich and proud tradition of achieving outstanding outcomes for our students, most of whom go on to study in leading colleges and universities in the US, Canada, and the Middle East.
BBS is committed to building a community that is dedicated to the overall development of every child in the school. We believe that quality education rests on the selection, development, and retention of a vibrant team of faculty and staff and seeks professional, experienced, dynamic and creative educators to enhance the school’s efforts in positively influencing the lives of our students.
To learn more about Al-Bayan Bilingual School, please visit www.bbs.edu.kw.
Licensed teachers can teach in Kuwait's private international schools for the chance to experience life in the Middle East while earning an excellent salary and benefits. Hot and sunny year-round, Kuwait's welcoming residents and beautiful weather make for an incredible experience teaching overseas.