- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- BA Degree in Biology or Science with PGCE in Education
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Biology Teacher.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in teaching GCSE Biology.
- Experience in teaching IB Diploma Biology is preferred
Job Specifics, Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience working with students whose English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
What We Offer
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Education is currently seeking a Biology Teacher for the Northern Emirates to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
Planning for outstanding teaching and learning, in line with the schools Teaching and Learning Policy, through:
- Creating a climate for learning that is conducive for outstanding practice;
- Identifying clear teaching and learning objectives;
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment;
- Identifying SEN (POD), EAL and G&T students and ensuring that their needs are met through differentiation;
- Providing clear structure and planning for lessons and learning activities that maintain pace, challenge and engagement;
- Making effective use of assessment for learning;
- Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated lessons;
- Making effective use of ICT to enhance learning and progress
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s ‘Behaviour for Learning Policy’ and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work and homework;
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching and learning;
- Mark student's work at least once every two weeks, and set targets for progress, in accordance with the school’s Marking Policy;
- Assess and record students' progress systematically and keep records; using performance data to inform planning, student learning and progress;
- Undertake assessment of students as requested by examination bodies, departments and school procedures;
- Prepare and present informative reports to parents;
- Attend and support parent/student events;
- Take part in subject development by producing, reviewing and updating curriculum plans and schemes of work;
- Keep subject knowledge up-to-date through CPD and professional reading;
- Contribute to the school’s ECA Programme by leading/supporting one after-school activity each term (ECA excludes I/GCSE and IB DP Revision/Booster Sessions);
- To be an Academic Mentor and Extended Essay Supervisor to Year 12/13 students;
- Undertake duties as part of the staff duty rota;
- Cover for absent colleagues;
- Invigilate examinations, as required, to support the Examinations Officer and Summer Examination Schedule;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, and Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum, and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.