- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
Credential preferences :
- Degree in Sciences (Physics, Biology, Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Commerical insurance
- Airfare: 2000 USD per academic year
- Accommodation provided
Full-time Job Description:
- Nanjing, China - Jinling High School Hexi Campus
- International School - all Chinese students studying the Canadian PEI Curriculum
- 3 high school classes, 7 periods a week for each course (45 minute periods)
- (Approximately 3 X 7 = 21 teaching periods per week)
- Hours 8 am-5 pm and a 2-hour lunch
- Amazing, dedicated students
- Lots of academic support for teachers and students
- Approximately 20 students per class
- Must arrive 1.5 months before classes start (one-month isolation because of the virus)
- the First day of classes is approximately the first week in September
- Lots of assistance to obtain your VISA for China
- Contract until the end of June 2024
OUR CANADIAN PROGRAM: Our Canadian Program is a PEI (Prince Edward Island) affiliate school offering a full Canadian curriculum in grades 11 and 12 and EAL courses at the grade 10 level. We currently have 134 Chinese students in 7 classes; 3 grade 10 classes, 2 grade 11 classes and 2 grade 12 classes. We follow a 2 semester year, very similar to a Canadian high school. All students study the PEI curriculum and most, if not all, plan on attending post secondary schools at a Canadian University. Our school has over 6000 students (Gr 1-12) and we are part of the International Department. Other International departments include UK and the USA.
Our students are enthusiastic and committed. Every teacher on our TEAM CANADA, teaching team is experienced and well qualified. Our school is officially inspected each year and we have been successful through this process. Our goal is to hire enthusiastic, adventurous, TEAM players. There will be lots of growth and learning and many rewarding experiences for everyone.
The Canadian Program is built around planning with the Canadian Curriculum and delivering the program in a meaningful way so the the students not only learn the content but they can truly understand and apply their knowledge in a variety of settings. Teachers deliver every program in English instruction, using a variety of instructional strategies and assessment tools. This allows our students to engage in deep meaningful conversations and thoughts.This methodology, including much collaboration with others, encourages critical thinking, creativity, and innovation, while teaching the students to be independent thinkers. Therefore, students make better connections and deepen their understanding of the world around them and better prepare them for university and the work force in their future.
Positive attitudes towards learning are fostered in our learners and include; exhibiting a sense of wonder and curiosity; • engaging and persevering on tasks and projects; • demonstrating resilience; • exhibiting collaborative behaviours; • valuing the role of each subject in our understanding of the world; • demonstrating respect and sensitivity in maintaining a balance between the needs of humans and the environment; and • being open-minded.
All teachers also emphasize an “Essential Graduation Competencies Curriculum”. This prepares our learners to successfully participate in lifelong learning and life/work transitions. They are cross-curricular in nature and provide opportunities for interdisciplinary learning. The 6 Competencies are Citizenship, Communication, Personal Career Development, Creativity and Innovation, Critical Thinking, and Technological Fluency.
Activities beyond the classroom are highly encouraged and allow students to practice and demonstrate their learning using the English language. Some of our extracurricular activities include Public Speaking Contest, Yearbook, Ultimate Frisbee and The School Musical.
In our Canadian Program we expect all students and staff to ‘Be The Best You Can Be'.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.