Chinese Track Middle School English Language Arts Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Secondary education or other closely related fields
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- Experience in teaching ESL, also in teaching composition and literature for at least 3 years
- Teaching Certification from a recognized institution
- Home Visit Travel Allowance
- Additional 12,000 RMB/ year to subsidize for travel. Paid 1,000 RMB monthly
- Relocation Allowance
- Moving from overseas: A one-off relocation allowance will be payable in Chinese local currency RMB, following the guideline of 6,000 RMB per single teacher and 12,000 RMB per family
- Moving from mainland China: 3,000 RMB per single teacher and 6,000 RMB per family
- Housing and housing allowances
- Housing allowance will be provided.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations in Winter, Summer and other paid holidays based on national statutory holidays’ arrangement. Chinese statutory holidays applicable. Offered to all full-time staff.
- Health Insurance
- Worldwide coverage subject to individual choice, up to 100% direct billing at many hospitals around China.
- The school bears 90% of the MSH premium.
- Non-medical Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Catastrophic Health Insurance
- The school bears 90% of the MSH premium.
- Children’s SMIC School Tuition
- Contingent on meeting SMIC Admissions policy requirements. Subsidized tuition policy subject to annual review.
- Personal Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Emergency Leave
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Provide vibrant ELA instruction to students in grade 7-9, covering listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Actively contribute to the dynamic school community through collaboration, service and participation
- Strive for honor, excellence, community, and joy
- General requirements: teaching, planning, assessment, grading, record keeping, classroom management
- Facilitate intensive academic vocabulary development
- Scaffold background information and make connections so that ELL learners can better understand a variety of texts
- Model and teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
- Develop a culture of reading through novel studies and free reading of both classics and contemporary novels
- Help students interpret a variety of texts including literature, poetry, history, and science
- Systematically develop students’ composition skills including narratives, research reports, literary analysis, and essays
- Equip students to learn through collaboration, introducing them to western teaching methodologies
- Report to supervisor as required
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop sound curricula
- Provide parents with regular feedback and instructional rationale
- Fulfill at least two additional responsibilities: committee, monitoring, etc.
- Take an active role in required meetings (departmental; grade level; faculty; etc.)
- Participate in department activities (Battle of the Books, etc)
BJ SMIC Private School is a Preschool through 12th Grade institution. Currently, there are 1650 students and 260 full time teachers from 16 nationalities. The School stresses each student’s holistic development and also emphasizes the importance of moral integrity in education.
As we expand into more classes, we continue to hire qualified staff throughout the year. Overall, we have one of the lowest rates of teacher replacement you will find in China, especially among local staff, but also among our expat teachers. Our teachers are committed to their students, and enjoy deep friendships with their coworkers.
Administrators make every effort to place teachers where they can refine their teaching skills and develop professionally, with opportunities for advancement to those that desire it.
Working for a growing company with $1.7 billion in annual revenue has definite benefits; you never have to worry about delayed salary payments or layoff's due to budget cuts. SMIC Private School offers salaries more than sufficient to cover the low cost of living in Yizhuang.
Living in Yizhuang is getting easier every year as well. Whether, cycling, driving, taking the bus or subway, Yizhuang is less congested and easy to get around. Two new shopping plaza's have opened nearby, Lippo Plaza and Creative Life Plaza (with a Sam's club, Papa John's, Starbucks, and bilingual movies). McDonalds, KFC, Subway, and a half dozen pizza restaurants serve Western food nearby. On weekends, teachers fellowship in each other's homes or attend a nearby church, the subway and express buses reach the downtown expatriate fellowships and districts (CBD, Sanlitun) in less than 1 hour.
Yizhuang has many square miles of parks, lakes, rivers and natural areas to enjoy, and Decathlon has plenty of international-standard sporting goods. There are many volunteer opportunities nearby as well, including New Day Foster Home and Shepherd's Field Children's Home within a short drive.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.