- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- Relevant subject area
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- Master's degree preferable
- Minimum of 120-hour TEFL/TESOL certificate
- Teaching License preferred
- Experience teaching English Literature in an international school preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the content and pedagogy
- First Aid license preferred
- Annual bonus provided
- Teaching period bonus at the end of each semester
- Visa Expense covered
- Medical Insurance
- Free breakfast and Lunch on every working day
- Airport pick up service upon arrival
- Competitive travel subsidy is provided at the end of the contract
- Free accommodation with furniture
- Garden like campus
- Free coffee at school Café on every working day
With fully equipped facilities, a rigorous study schedule, high morale, and exceptional education standards, Shanghai High School is one of China’s most reputable schools. The PE department at SHSID strives to increase awareness of the importance of sports in schools. Students have over 15 different sports to choose from and through mandatory PE classes as well as additional optional PE classes have the chance to gain a well-rounded knowledge of physical education throughout their years at SHSID. In addition to PE, the school has a variety of school teams and clubs that have produced a long line of successful student-athletes.
Teachers are also requested to get involved with students’ development activities including but not limited to CAS, Youth development or Health, Sports meet, etc.
- Abide by the teachers’ rules and regulations, attend orientations, staff meetings, parents’ meetings, and participate in educational activities on time
- Provide support to schools/principals as designated
- Understand and respect the Chinese moral and the school's cultural heritage
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the school's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
- Attends staff meetings and orientations
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
- All Applicants should attach the following documents to their Teachaway profile
- A cover letter
- A résumé
- A copy of passport ID page
- A copy of highest degree diploma authenticated
- A copy of relevant certificate/license authenticated
- A recent passport photo of yourself with a white background
- A no criminal record authenticated
Established in 1865, Shanghai High School has an overall size of 340 mu (223,617 square meters), and is historically one of the most well-known schools in China and around the world. Of the alumni, there are over 100 provincial and ministry leaders of the People's Republic of China, 55 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 30 generals in the people's Liberation Army (PLA).
Shanghai High School International Division (SHSID) was founded in 1993 and became an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school in 1995. In 2003, Shanghai High School became the only United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) associated school in Shanghai. SHSID is authorized by the College Board to administer AP, SAT and PSAT exams and is an authorized TOEFL exam center. SHSID is approved to be a test center by Cambridge International Examinations and is also authorized by the ACT Inc. as an ACT exam center. In 2017, SHSID became the University of Cambridge China Screening Center. At present, approximately 2,800 students from over 60 countries and regions are enrolled in the Puxi and Pudong Campuses of the International Division.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.