Middle School English Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Relevant subject (Creative writing major, journalism major are also welcomed)
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- Master's degree preferable
- Minimum of 120-hour TEFL/TESOL certificate
- Teaching License preferred
- Experience teaching English Literature in an international school preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the content and pedagogy
- Annual bonus provided
- Visa Expense covered
- Medical Insurance
- Free breakfast and Lunch on every working day
- Airport pick up service upon arrival
- Competitive Travel subsidy is provided at the end of the contract
- Free accommodation with furniture
- Garden like campus
- Free coffee at school Café on every working day
With fully equipped facilities, a rigorous academic schedule, a positive and collaborative working environment, and exceptional education standards, Shanghai High School International Division is one of China’s premier schools, with a historical tradition of success and leadership.
Shanghai High School International Division middle school English team members should be committed to the growth and development of students as global citizens with strong independent learning for our 21st Century world. The middle school English program works to immerse students in a positive educational environment that fosters a sense of community across cultures, as well as educates students across intellectual, creative, and interpersonal disciplines.
Middle school English teachers lead students in three key content areas, reading, writing, and speaking. Within these core areas, teachers work to lay the foundation for students’ future learning in all subject areas by developing students’ critical and analytical thinking, as well as providing them with a basis of understanding in research. A mixture of literature and non-fiction allows students to explore culture and history while drawing connections and considering the modern-day implications of readings. Writings of all genres are practiced across the year, in an effort to cultivate both creativity and reasoning abilities. Class discussion, oral presentations, and performance-based assessments all work to challenge students to be able to articulate their thoughts strongly and eloquently. Along the way, students are pushed to develop 21st-century skills of digital and media literacy, as well as grow as independent learners.
Middle school English teachers at SHSID will be expected to use knowledge of instruction and pedagogy to bring creativity to the curriculum, as well as use data to inform and shape objective-driven lessons. A commitment to students, flexibility in cultural understanding, and passion for learning are essential.
Middle school English teachers at SHSID will be expected to either teach a social study subject, including world history or world geography. If teachers are experienced in teaching Biology instead of the Social study area will also be great.
- Abide by the teachers’ rules and regulations, attend orientations, staff meetings, parents’ meetings, and participate in educational activities on time
- Create and implement dynamic, skill-based lessons centered on an established curriculum in coordination with other department members
- Adhere to SHSID’s mission, vision, and educational philosophy, striving to achieve instructional goals and student mastery of 21st Century skills
- Abide by the organizational rules and regulations of Shanghai High School
- Contribute to staff meetings, parent meetings, and engage in professional development and team-building opportunities
- Provide support at the direction of school leaders, principals, and administration
- Respect the cultural heritage, traditions, and customs of China and Shanghai High School
- Embody the principles, actions, and dispositions of a professional educator at all times
- Willingness to perform additional tasks as requested or assigned
- Apply Until: No closing date, position open until filled
- All Applicants should attach the following to their Teachaway profiles
- a cover letter
- a résumé
- a copy of passport ID page
- a notarized copy of highest degree diploma authenticated
- a notarized copy of relevant certificate/license authenticated
- a recent passport photo of yourself with a white background
- a no criminal record authenticated
SHSID embraces teachers who cares students and teaching. As a school which is already voted #1 international school in China, we are make efforts to become first ranking international school in the international community. And we would like to invite teahers who are willing to strive to achieve this goal together with us.
Established in 1865, Shanghai High School has an overall size of 340 mu (223,617 square meters), and is historically one of the most well-known schools in China and around the world. Of the alumni, there are over 100 provincial and ministry leaders of the People's Republic of China, 55 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 30 generals in the people's Liberation Army (PLA).
Shanghai High School International Division (SHSID) was founded in 1993 and became an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school in 1995. In 2003, Shanghai High School became the only United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) associated school in Shanghai. SHSID is authorized by the College Board to administer AP, SAT and PSAT exams and is an authorized TOEFL exam center. SHSID is approved to be a test center by Cambridge International Examinations and is also authorized by the ACT Inc. as an ACT exam center. In 2017, SHSID became the University of Cambridge China Screening Center. At present, approximately 2,800 students from over 60 countries and regions are enrolled in the Puxi and Pudong Campuses of the International Division.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.