Primary Classroom Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Degree can be in liberal arts with a major in Education or an additional year in education beyond the undergraduate year
- TESL/TEFL if the educational institution was not in an English Speaking country
- Montessori or Early Childhood education certificates are insufficient for Grades K-3
- Teachers must be eligible to apply and meet the requirements for a British Columbia Teaching Certificate (Applications from Canadian provinces welcome)
- Have a British Columbia teaching certificate or A teaching certificate from another Canadian province or Have a teaching certificate from a foreign English speaking jurisdiction and meets the requirements of the British Columbia Teachers Regulation Branch (5-year undergraduate degree taken in English and a teaching certificate)
- Training (or experience) in elementary education
- Energetic, creative, and have the fortitude to meet the challenges of a new school
- Understand a personalized approach to learning and assessment
- Have training or understanding of the inquiry approach to teaching and learning
- Well versed in classroom teaching with integrated learning methods (as opposed to subject teaching)
- Well versed in 21st-century teaching and learning
- A brand new facility with state of the art resources
- Furnished apartment provided
- One flight annually to and from the school and the home destination
- Professional Development to provide consistent classroom experiences that mirror those in British Columbia, Canada
- A BC principal to lead the professional team and the school
- An exciting teaching and cultural experience in a modern Bahraini city
- School year September – June including 3 weeks winter holidays, one week in February and one week in April plus other national holidays
- An entry-level salary comparable to salaries in British Columbia
- Bahrain medical Plan
- Daily transportation to and from school
Seeking a Primary Classroom Teacher
The Canadian School Bahrain is a not-for-profit, private international school offering the British Columbia, Canada curriculum.
The Canadian School Bahrain will implement a whole-child approach to learning that will enhance the academic, Social, Physical, Emotional & Educational needs of each student.
This integrated educational program will be taught by British Columbia Certified Teachers working together with Bahraini Certified Teachers for Social Studies and Citizenship, Moral Studies and Arabic Language.
KEY FEATURES OF THE NEW CURRICULUM
Essential learning, literacy and numeracy foundations, and core competencies are the base of our new curriculum. All three contribute to deeper learning.
The core competencies are the intellectual, personal, and social skills that all students need to develop for success in life beyond school. B.C. has identified three core competencies as essential for all learners:Communication Creative Thinking Critical Thinking Positive Personal and Culture Identity Personal Awareness and Responsibility
Teaching in Bahrain allows educators to get to know this small but powerful island nation. Teaching jobs in Bahrain offer excellent salaries and benefits.