College and Career Counselor US Curriculum
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- School Counseling
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- End-of-service payment as per UAE Labour Law
- Annual Airfare Allowance
- Furnished Housing accommodation
Job Function: The College and Career Counselor (CCC) will be responsible for preparing the children to make choices in their electives in Grade 9. The CCC will hold a Master’s Degree in Education and will preferably be credentialed from the US.
- Communicate the key pathways of the US curriculum to students within Grade 8
- Establish procedures and time frames to provide students with academic, personal, social, emotional and psychological counselling.
- Work with new students to ensure a smooth adjustment to the school.
- Provide students with guidance on admission to higher education institutions.
- Organise and process recommendations for students to higher education institutions and provide assistance with application procedures.
- Provide opportunities for students to take tests for admission to higher education institutions.
- Maintain and update a list of colleges and universities which have accepted students from the school.
- Liaise with the Librarian to provide and update careers and college material
- In conjunction with senior management team organise and coordinate careers session with representatives from a range of professions.
- Establish, maintain and update a record of Alumni.
- Establish procedures for securing external assistance for students with personal problems and emotional needs.
- Work with the senior management team to develop experiences and activities which are beneficial for students’ holistic development, and which promote responsibility, leadership skills, cooperation and other personal and social skills.
- Maintain student records on progress, achievements, activities and interests.
- Establish proactive guidelines and procedures to deal with bullying.
- Establish and administer appropriate testing programmes to evaluate student aptitude and achievement.
- Establish systems to notify parents promptly about problems in class, with school work or behavioural issues.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.