- High School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree. Master's preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in speaking with parents and students; editing essays; and writing letters of recommendation.
- Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent employment recommendations, and experience working with students and parents.
- BASIS International schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, travel allowance, housing allowance, and more.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Nanjing is seeking qualified candidates for a College Counselor for the 2022-23 school year!
BASIS International School Nanjing offers an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You will join other education professionals in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
As a college counselor at BASIS International School Nanjing, you will be responsible for teaching a daily college counseling workshop to 12th graders, completing college counseling reports, and serving as the Senior Research Project (SRP) coordinator. You will also organize college admissions visits each fall, conduct family college counseling evenings, meet one-on-one with 9th and 10th graders during the academic year, and instruct students on completing college admissions applications and financial aid applications and obtaining recommendations.
Additionally, this individual will be responsible for developing new program ideas, co-leading college information evening sessions, and developing and maintaining college planning and career assessment and readiness software such as Naviance. You will have the opportunity to work closely with both students and parents on selecting the correct college or university based on the student’s career trajectory. This position is focused on student success and readiness for college and university study in the United States and other countries.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.