Early Childhood Education Drama Teacher - Nanshan
- Early Childhood
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Drama, Theater, Theater Education
- A Bachelor’s degree in Theater, Theater Education, or a related field; or a degree in Elementary/Secondary Education with additional course work (24-30 credit hours) in Theater, or special certification for Theater and Drama teaching.
- Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years of teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance.
- Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, travel allowance, housing allowance, and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS Early Education Center Nanshan is seeking qualified candidates for an Early Childhood Education Drama Teacher for the 2023 school year!
BASIS Early Education Center Nanshan is a new campus in our network of schools, opening in 2023!
BASIS Early Education Center Nanshan is located in Shenzhen, China. It is known for being the home of Shenzhen High-Tech Industrial Park, which comprises some of China's largest technology companies and the establishments of well-known international companies. It is also one of the nation's richest districts.
Our network has continued to grow with BASIS International Schools Park Lane Harbour and Hangzhou opened in 2018, BASIS International School Nanjing in 2019, and our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, in 2020. We are continuing to expand and grow into new cities and seeking talented educators to grow with us!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a Drama Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject-specific lesson plans, and to teach students drama and theater as a form of self-expression, story-telling, and the ability of drama to help shape our communities and society.
Drama teachers build upon the foundation of the elementary years as instruction dives deeper into theater vocabulary, history, technology, stage design, and movement. Students learn how to tell stories with and without words, self-expression through drama, and how to perform for an audience. Drama Teachers can collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to tie in lessons with what students are learning in other subjects. Our Drama Teachers are passionate and excited to teach their students in innovative ways, and our students are eager to learn and grow.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject-specific lessons in Drama.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment, and delivers exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge.
Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand.
Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In the fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu opened--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan opened in 2023, continuing this vision. 2024 will bring two more schools to our network: BASIS Bilingual School Guangming Shenzhen and BASIS Bilingual Kindergarten Nanshan.