Early Years Education (Infants) Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Education/Early Childhood Education/Nursery
- Teaching degree or certificate (preferably early childhood education)
- Minimum 1 year of teaching experience with 2-6 years age group
- Passion and enthusiasm to teach young children
- Great creativity in implementing school curriculum and preparing the lesson plans
- Willing to work as a team in an international atmosphere
- Flexible, creative, risk-taker and internationally open-minded personality (Must)
- Two or more years teaching experience at early years education institutes (Highly Advantageous)
- Experience working in an international education setting (Advantageous)
- Experience in IB schools (Advantageous)
- Currently residing in Japan (Advantageous)
- Can work 08.30-17.30 on weekdays
- Professional development opportunities
- Apartment in city area close to AIS with basic furniture (initial cost and deposit is paid by school, monthly rent is paid by the teacher)
- Flight ticket (Overseas candidates - one time, one way)
- Visa Sponsorship and visa procedure assistance
- Language support
- Personal and sick leave
- Education discount for dependents (for 1-6-years-olds)
- In detail information will be shared during the interviews
Abroad International School (AIS) Sendai Branch in Japan is looking for Native English speaking full-time early childhood teachers.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Prepare and complete termly and weekly lesson plans, teaching materials and worksheets
- Generate activities for the class such as arts and crafts/ storytelling/ gross motor activities/ simple math skills/ creative play/ phonics
- Devise a child-centered, age-appropriate program for the school as well as a calendar of activities for execution
- Carry out classroom management and organization
- Organize class presentations, activities for events and graduation Programs
- Keep proper record of what is taught in the class and the materials used
- Prepare student progress reports and portfolios of each student on a consistent basis
- Communicate with parents and members of the community
Abroad international school (AIS) is an international school for children aged between 1-6.
AIS is located in Aobaku, Sendai City Center, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan. The other branches of AIS is located in Okayama, Osaka and Nagoya.
Our mission is to develop each student into bilingual, knowledgeable, compassionate and inquiring people who are ready to entertain new ideas and sensitive to national values as well as being respectful to foreign cultures by providing an outstanding international education for overall success in a caring, peaceful and courageous environment from early years through to university entrance.
AIS teaching and learning philosophy mottos are "Having fun while learning", "The sooner the better", "Learning by creating curiosity", "Each child is unique".