Early Years Reading Specialist
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Years Education, Reading, Literacy
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma Level
- Annual airfare Allowance
- Housing allowance provided
- Working with children between the ages of 2.5 to 12 years old
- Teaching pre-reading skills to children using the I Can Read system
- Teaching reading and comprehension skills using the I Can Read system
- Conducting ad hoc replacement lessons and one-to-one lessons
- Teaching I Can Read affiliated programmes
- Teaching writing skills, including grammar, editing and publishing
- Teaching oral presentation and communication skills
- Helping children develop social skills and positive classroom behaviour
- Using I Can Read’s positive reinforcement for classroom management
- Conducting initial assessments for all prospective students
- Regularly assessing students during classes to monitor individual progress
- Working alongside the assessment team to ensure smooth running of open house events
- Discussing with parents the assessment outcomes, advising the most suitable course for their child and explaining I Can Read’s methodology
- Maintaining regular open communication with parents, through informal, formal and scheduled parent-teacher meetings.
- Keeping attendance logs for all classes taught and updating the Centre Management when a student is ready for promotion
- Attending regular Learning Centre Team meetings; this may also include taking of meeting minutes
- Updating progress sheets, complete term reports and Accident and Incident reports as required
Contribute to Student Growth and Retention:
- Increasing sign-ups through competently conducted assessments
- Maximising and maintaining high student retention rates through effective delivery of the I Can Read pedagogy and regular updates to the parents
Any other duties:
- Conducting ad hoc parent-teacher meetings and briefings
- Attending additional training if and when required
- Assisting with ad hoc duties
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school all can achieve.
Teach Away offers teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching English in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.